File 09: A Different Firefight

[>--------------------------------------<]

File 09: A Different Firefight

Location: Dead Sea Works Ltd, Israel

[>--------------------------------------<]

The orange flowers budded across the metallic scene, melting and pushing things away with ease.

"KONG, tell me that wasn't your fault." Dad was being funny just on reflex as he gaped at the destruction wrought on a section of the facility.

Pipes twisted and torn open.

Fuel tanks burst.

An office building on fire

"Uh... I'd put it on my tab if this were a brewery... hmm, cheque please?"

Stray richochet fire has a way of making bad things worse.

It turns out that while KONG and SIERRA were engaging a hostile group a few rounds had punctured a chemical container nearby and other shots had ignited the internal chemicals.

The resultant minor explosion and fire heated one tank nearby to ignition point and that led to a domino effect from one tank to another. As the plant was still in operation with a skeleton crew there was no one to attend to the fires and such that were now going on. Not just that, but chemicals were still being pumped in and out of these tanks. The chemicals that were aflame trailed their orange snakes out to the connected tanks and ignited them!

I wasn't the only one that was stunned by this. Workers nearby and even a few of the East Ring militia came out for fear for their loves and for sheer awe of the spectacle of destruction that was going on.

Everyone wanted to preserve this facility and its contents, but fighting over it caused the inevitable.

I was somewhat slow to react to my dad's shouting across to me for a moment as I was dazzled by the flames,

"Hey, hey!! Come on, we gotta get those fires out."

I was about to say something about how this changes the mission, but when I saw workers running straight towards the fires instead of away I knew what dad needed me to do.

*creak* *hiss* *pop pop* *boom*

Sounds that I normally thought were cool and awesome in video games are now suddenly terrifyingly realistic as pieces of a truck were propelled into the sky as it explodes and flings large chunks of steel and plastic everywhere.

Other trucks were right nearby and the flaming wreck next to them radiated heat and leaked fuel enough to catch anything within a certain radius alight.

"Dad! I'm headed down to get those trucks away from eachother!

Dad nodded as he jumped straight down the edge of the tower, abandoning the sniper rifle and headed straight to the nearest hose.

This place didn't have safety signs in English,  so dad had to either find the nearest hose or improvise... luckily this facility had plenty around.

Dad climbed up a nearby cherry picker and hoses things from high in the air.

As for me, I jumped down from where I was originally sniping from, also abandoned the sniper rifle I had just acquired and headed to the  row of parked yellow hauler trucks. They were heavy-haulers that collected and moved the various minerals that were extracted, refined, and transported all over the place to the other haulers that would take it out. Personally, I still like how trucks get big jobs done with a big block engine.