Mentality

I'm in AP psychology this year. The teacher seems super chill, but I heard a girl talking about him. She said that she wouldn't be surprised if he had a "mental disease" and it would be ironic for a psychology teacher to have a "mental disease".

I've been thinking about that. A mental disease? I feel like the misconception that mental disorders are considered a disease adds to the stigma that those with mental illness are untouchables.

My friend corrected the girl. "It's a mental disorder, not disease". She was understanding, and corrected herself after that. She was open-minded when I told her about my OCD, and understood that it isn't just germs and organisation.

It's a mentality. I think differently from those without OCD. My mind doesn't have thoughts like others. My mind just processes things differently.

I can't even figure out how to describe my thought process. I've been trying for years, but to no avail. I feel guilty about different things, like swearing, or even things that other people do.

Sometimes, people use my guilty conscience to their advantage. They say things that make me feel bad, even the simplest of things, and once I feel guilty, they can manipulate me to do what they want.

As I said before, it's a mentality.