Personal Manifesto

A girl at a school near mine recently committed suicide.

One of my friends was her friend.

She hasn't made it 10 minutes and marching band rehearsals or school without crying.

We're playing music from Rent in band. She can't be in the room when we play it. Rent was her friend's favourite movie.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Suicide, no matter how you feel, affects everyone. I didn't even know the girl, and this has brought back memories of when I thought my best friend had killed herself.

It breaks my heart to see my friend crying. She lost her friend.

I promise. I promise on all things good that it gets better. I'll scream it until my lungs give out. It gets better.

My best friend, as aforementioned, wanted to take her life, maybe even less than a year ago. She insisted to me that it would never get better.

She hasn't self-harmed in months. She told me that it did get better. She told me that she is glad she didn't commit.

While you may not think of it as so, people care so much more than you could ever imagine. People love you. They love you with all their hearts.

Imagine your life in the future. Imagine going to the concert you've dreamt of going to. Imagine graduating high school or college. Imagine going on your dream vacation. Imagine the opportunities your life holds.

Think of every complex piece of your body. Nerves, blood cells, organ systems, neurons, muscles, the heart that pumps your blood at this very moment. Every part of your body is working for you to stay alive. Your body wants you to stay alive. Your body is so complex and its goal is to just keep you alive. Your body loves you.

Don't let your light burn out yet.

Rest in peace Claire.