Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Mitch's POV

The week continued and Zadie was talking more and more, not about how her parents died or about the man but about normal kid things. At the start of the new week Scott and I talked about it and decided we would ask her if she wanted to meet the rest of Pentatonix. We hadn't seen them all last week and were making excuses for why we couldn't hang out with them. Eventually we were going to have to tell them about her. "Zadie will you come in here please?" I calledto her. She walked in and stood in front of Scott and I who were sitting on the couch. 'What did i do?" She asked innocently. 

"Oh honey no, you're not in trouble."Scott said. Her face instantly lit up. 

"We wanted to ask you if you wanted to mett some of our friends." I said. She thought a moment and then answered. "Ok."

"Are you sure? You don't have to it's completely up to you." Scott asked. She nodded and smiled. 

One hour later we were on our way to the studio with Zadie. We had called everyone to meet us there and said we had something to tell them. Glanced back at her and she looked a little nervous. "Don't worry Zades, everyone's going to love you!" I smiled big to show her I meant what I said. She giggled at my silliness and Scott also laughed. "You're so weird babe." He said sticking out his tounge. I just rolled my eyes and focused my attention out the window. 

Scott's POV

We pulled into the studio and saw everyone's cars littered around the parking lot. Good they were all here before us. "I'm going to go in first and explain everything, then I'll come out and get you guys ok?" I said and Mitch nodded. I got out of the car and hesitated before opening the door and walking inside. I was nervous for what everyone was going to say about the situation. I walked into the room and saw everyone standing around waiting for us. "Ok so what are we all doing here Scott?" Kevin asked. I took a deep breath and then started. "So you're probably all wondering why Mitch and I have been kind of bowing you all off the past week..."

"Yeah why is that?" Kirstie mumbled.

"Last week Mitch and i were walking in a bad part of LA and...well we heard crying in one of the houses. We decided to check it out and we found a little girl."I continued

"Wait...what? You're not serious...you..ARE serious??"Avi stammered.

"I'm serious. She was tied to a bed and we got her out but this man came in and tried to kill us."I watched everyone's expressions change from shocked to scared to confused. "Don't worry we got her out and we're all ok but...." I trailed off.

"But what?" Ester almost yelled.

"But she wouldn't let go of Mitch and so the social worker asked us to take care of her until she got more comfortable and could talk to us about what happened. That's where we've been...taking care of her. We wanted to tell you guys but we needed to wait until she started talking and felt comfortable enough to meet everyone."I finished and took a deep breath. Everyone was too shocked to speak right away. 

Mitch's POV

I was standing outside with Zadie lost in thought when I felt her grip tighten on my hand. "What's wrong sweetie?"I asked knealing down to her.

"I'm scared..." She whispered. 

"Oh honey, you don't have to be afraid. My friends are super nice and they're going to love you. I promise!"I hugged her and she smiled slightly.