Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Kirtsie's POV

Avi, Kevin and I Sat in my apartment in silence waiting to hear from anyone about what was happening. Avi had convinced me to call the police and tell them everything that had happened and now we were stuck here in the dark about what was going on. We were completely scared to death about the possibility of Scott and Mitch being dead. Avi got up and started pacing nervously back and forth and Kevin looked like he was about to puke. 

Finally my phone rang and I looked down to see Mitch's number.  "Mitch?" I asked hesitantly into the phone. Releif rushed over me as I heard his voice.

"Kirstie yeah it's me. I'm on my way to the hospital."

"Hospital? Are you alright? Its Scott alright? What happened?" I had so many questions and they were flowing out of me like word vomit. 

"Kirst calm down. Meet me at the hospital and I'll explain everything." Mitch said calmly.

"On our way." I hung up and looked at Avi and Kevin who were giving me questioning looks. "We have to go to the hospital now!" I yelled rushing to the door and the boys rushed after me. 

Mitch's POV

I was filled with complete happiness as I drove to the hospital. I felt this rush like I was on cloud nine. Everything was actually going to be ok. I got to the hospital and walkd in. "I'm looking for Scott Hoying?" I asked the lady at the desk. She looked through her computer and then smiled at me. 

"He's in surgery to remove the bullet but it shouldn't take too long."I smiled and thanked her and walked over to a chair in the waiting area. 

"Excuse me we're looking for Scott Hoying and Mitchell Grassi?" I heard Kirstie's voice and stood up. 

"Over here!" I yelled and as soon as Kirstie's eyes met mine she burst into tears and rushed into my arms. "Oh Mitch! I was so worried! I thought you were dead!" She sobbed. Kevin and Avi came over with tears in their eyes and soon I was squished between all three of them. 

"Man we were so worried about you two! We honestly thought you both were dead." Avi said his voice cracking a little. 

"We would be if you hadn't called the police. Daren was literrally about to shoot us when they showed up." I began to explain the whole story of how everything went down to them as we waited for Scott to get out of surgery. "So Scott's ok?" Kevin asked anxiously. I nodded.

"Yes, He's in surgery right now so they could take out the bullet but other than that he's alive and that's all I care about." I explained. 

"Family of Scott Hoying?" The Dr. came out and looked around. All three of us jumped up at once. 

"That's us!" I smiled.

"Well we removed the bullet and repaired the damage to his knee. He was very lucky and should make a full recovery. He's going to have to be on crutches for a few months at least and he has a few broken ribs but other than that he's good to go. He's awake and you can go see him. You'll be able to take him home later today. " The Dr. said cheerfully. We thanked him and made our way to his recovery room. Kirstie rushed to his side and threw her arms around him. "Scott I am so sorry I left you!" She cried and he rubbed her back softly. 

"Shh calm down Kirst. I made you leave so please don't blame yourself. I'm ok I promise." Scott said calmly. She calmed down and stepped back allowing Avi and Kevin to hug him. "So how does it feel to get shot?" Kevin asked. We all stared blankly at him and then Scott laughed. "What? Don't you want to know how it feels? Even just a little bit?" Kevin shrugged.