Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Mitch's POV

I awoke very overheated and realized I was smashed in the middle of a snoring Scott and an adorable sleeping Zadie. I don't remember her getting in bed with us but the sight was definitely cute. I slowly sat up trying not to wake them up but I didn't succeed. Zadie rolled onto her back and looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes. "Good morning Mitchie." She said happily. 

"Good morning beautiful." I smiled and stroaked her hair. "How did you get in here?"I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I had a bad dream so I snuck in here while you were sleeping. I'm safe with you."She said softly. I bent down and kissed her forehead. 

"Yes ou are. Scott and I won't let anything happen to you."Scott groaned and rolled over grabbing my waist and burrying his face in my back. Zadie and I both laughed. "You guys are too loouuud..." He moaned. 

"Sorry babe. We didn't mean to wake you." I said. Then I remembered that Heidi was coming over today. "Hey we gotta get up, Heidi will be here soon to talk to Zades."I told Scott and he nodded. We got out of bed and I headed to the shower.

I opened the door for Heidi and shook her hand. I led her over to the table where Scott and Zadie sat. "Hello Zadie, I understand you have something to tell me?" She asked sitting next to her, Zadie looked at me and then Scott. "It's ok Zades, just tell her what you told us and everything else you can remember."Scott said and she nodded. 

"We'll be back in an hour." I said. Scott and I waved and walked out of the house. We decided to walk to starbucks so it would kill more time. 

Scott and I sat drinking our coffee and talking about the last few weeks. "I hope they find that guy soon. And what about her parents? I mean...we know they're dead but what about bodies?" Scott mentioned.

"Yeah you're right. You'd think someone somewhere would have found them."I agreed. I looked down sadly thinking about what would happen after Zadie was finished telling the whole story. They whole reason she was staying with us was to find out what happened and if she had any other family to stay with. Now that she was telling Heidi everything it was just a matter of time before they took her away from us. Scott noticed my sadness and took my hand in his. "I'm going to miss her too Mitch." He smiled trying to cheer me up but it didn't work. I looked at my phone and got a message from Heidi. 

Heidi: You guys are good to come back.

Me: On our way.

"Hey Heidi say's we're good to come back."We got up and walked out of starbucks heading home. 

Unknown POV

"That's them isn't is? No...maybe not. Wait...no it HAS to be them." I said to myself. I moved closer careful not to be seen. I watched the tall blonde guy walk. "Yes that's definately him."I smirked. Finally! I've been looking for them for weeks and now I finally found them. They're mine now...

Scott's POV

Mitch and I walked home and when we walked up to the door Heidi came out to talk to us. "She's in her room and she's pretty upset. Can't say I blame her after what she just told me." Heidi looked sad. She started to explain the story. 

"One night someone broke into their house and her mother hid her. She heard screaming but she never came out of her hiding place. Whoever killed them left the house along with anything of value they could carry. She finally came out and saw her parents laying there and she went outside. She said she sat outside all night and in the morning, the man she calls Daren came by and asked her why she was outside alone. She told him that mommy and daddy were dead. He went in to check and she followed him. Apparently he burried their bodies so that no one would find them and come looking for Zadie. Then he took her and kept her locked in that room for at least two weeks before you guys showed up and saved her. " She read off her notes. Mitch and I stared at her in shock. We couldn't beleive what we just heard. "I'm going to relay this information to the police and then once they find her parents we'll need to do a blood test to make sure they're actually her parents. She said she didn't have any other family so we'll need to check on that also. Her full name is Zadie Lee Paxton. " She finished. She said she'd be in touch and walked away. We walked inside and heard crying from Zadie's room. We walked in and saw her laying on her bed n tears. I sat next to her and rubber her back gently. She sat up and rubbed her eyes and Mitch joined us on the bed. 'They're going to take me away now aren't they?"She asked sadly. I shook my head. I really didn't know what was going to happen.

"I don't know what's going to happen honey." Mitch said as if reading my mind. 

We decided to take her to the park to get her mind off of everything she told us. Mitch and I sat on the park bench watching her play. She would occasionally look at us and wave and we would wave back. She had found a nice little girl to play with and she looked so happy and so...normal. "You're daughter is very beautiful." A voice from behind us said. We turned around to see a woman standing there smiling at us. She looked to be our age. Mitch and I glanced at eachother and I held in my laughter. "Thank you." Mitch finally said. 

"That on'es mine." She pointed to the little brown haired girl who played with Zadie. "They seem to be getting along great." She continued. 

"Yeah they look like they're having fun." I agreed. 

"I'm Sharon. most of the parents here are older than me so it's nice to see some other young people around here."She stated.

"I'm Mitch and this is Scott." Mitch said as we shook her hand. 

"Nice to meet you both. My little girl's name is Katie and we come here just about everyday."She said and waved at her daughter.

"That's Zadie. Hopefully we'll be able to come here more often." Mitch replied.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys! Katie come on babe let's go!"she yelled and her daughter ran to her. We waved goodbye. I looked at Zadie who was going down a slide and laughing. It made me smile. I want this. I want her to be ours and I want to come here like other parents and watch her play and have fun. I was pulled from my thoughts by Mitch grabbing my hand. I looked into his eyes and he kissed me. "I know Scott, I want this too."He said. He knew me well enough to know what I was thinking. We sat there for another half hour just watching her play and enjoying every minute of it.

***Sorry these chapters aren't very long....but I hope you're enjoying it nonetheless****