Chapter 11: The Phantom

Flashback: The cell Cassie was held in

"Hahaha! Looks like you have a new cell mate. You may know him; he came to save you but failed. Ha! He was captured instead." he said moving aside reveling none other than the Phantom Ranger, the one she was so intrigued by but thought he left her after he left when he was injured leaving a message saying: I'll be alright Cassie. Please....don't forget me. I'll see you soon.

But she never saw him again after that and it was 9 months ago, and he never came back for her.

Cassie gasped at the sight of him. He was weak and limping. Eclipter pushed him into the cell were he fell to the ground immediately.

"NO! Phantom can you hear me? Please it's me Cassie! Remember?" she asked him pulling his head onto her lap and looked into his helmet. He didn't respond.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?" she screamed she was beginning to cry now.

"Aww! Don't cry pinky. We just took his crystal that's all." said Eclipter laughing.

Cassie looked down and saw that it was missing. No wonder? She thought, He can't survive without it.

She looked up at Eclipter and yelled, "Give it back! He can't survive without it." She got up and ran toward him but Eclipter took his sword and slashed her in the stomach sending her flying back into the cell a bloody mess. She could barely move now. She broke a few ribs on contact with the cell wall and slapping her arm on it, then dropping to the ground and landing badly on her left foot and spraining it.

She tried to get up and screamed in pain she feel back to the ground smacking her head against the cell wall. Eclipter laughed and walked out.

Phantom woke up the seeing Cassie's body slide to the left falling to the floor a blood pool had already formed around her.

He screamed, "CASSIE!" and got to his feet running over to her. He picked up her head putting it in his lap, looking around to find something anything to tend to her wounds.

Phantom placed his hand on her stomach trying to stop the bleeding. He found a towel in the corner of the cell and placed it to her stomach and tying it there.

Cassie was beginning to stir and Phantom was getting weaker.

Cassie woke up looking into the mask of the guy she once loved.

"Phantom?" he heard her whisper.

"Cassie! Don't talk you're ok. I'm here." he said looking down at her beautiful face.

She tried to get up but winced in pain and screaming immediately as she fell back down. Phantom caught her before her head would have smacked the ground.

"Don't do that Cassie. Your hurt." he spoke soothingly. She nodded.

Just the Astronima strolls in and sees them. "Aww! How sweet you saying your goodbye pink ranger!"

Cassie tries to get up but again winces and screams at the pain. Astronima laughed and called on for some Quanitrons to grab her.

As they came for her Phantom jumped between them yelling, "NO!" and attacking them.

"No Phantom!" shouts Cassie, "Don't!"

But she too late: He jumps in for an attack on her but she is one step ahead and beats him to it using her staff to bring him down.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" shouts Cassie muscling up all her strength to run to him. When she reaches him she collapse by his head taking in her knees.

He looks up at her and says, "I'm sorry Cassie that I didn't come sooner, I should have and I never got to tell you...." He grabs his side gasping for breath.

Cassie is crying as she looks down at him and says, "No! Please, Please don't leave me! I'm begging you don't!"

He reaches up and wipes a tear from her cheek and says, "That I love you!" he finishes.

She looks down at him and cries saying, "I love you too! So please don't leave me! I need you!"

"You are strong Cassie! You can and you will go on. You will find someone to love you as much as I do and love him as much as me. I have always loved you. Be strong for me, and never forget me. I'll see you again someday!" he says taking his last breath and his hand hits the floor.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please! PLEASE! Wake up don't leave me! I need you, I love you!" she cries into his chest. "I never even got to know who you were."

Astronima laughs and walks away leaving Cassie crying with a dead Phantom her love dead in her arms.