( 𝟎𝟏𝟏 ) looking for sophia

—  THE NEXT MORNING, MOST OF THE group were prepared to set off in search for Sophia in the woods

—  THE NEXT MORNING, MOST OF THE group were prepared to set off in search for Sophia in the woods. Everyone had taken a weapon of their own, Zoe's being a machete she had found in one of the abandoned cars; she had never used one before, but when the time came, she was sure she would know how to, how hard could it be? She couldn't believe that the little girl had to stay in the woods all by herself for the whole night, she couldn't think of anything worse at that age, or even at her own age, she would hate that. She just wished that Sophia was okay and that she would come back completely safe. Who knew, they were probably going to find her today - but due to their luck lately, Zoe didn't know if that was going to happen, but she knew she needed to keep her hope up in order to keep her head high..

It pained Zoe to see Carol in such a state, she didn't understand what it was like to be a mother, but if it was Carl that went missing, she would be in complete bits. "Hey." She heard a familiar voice from behind her, and when she turned around, she saw Nate, catching up to her in a slight jog, "How you holding up?" He asked her, knowing that Carl was friends with Sophia, meaning that this must be taking a toll on the girl as it was her brother.

Zoe hesitated to answer at first, before sighing, "Yeah, I'm just worried that we won't be able to find her, you know?" She spoke, causing Nate to nod, sadly, he didn't know the little girl, having not spoken to her much, but to see Zoe so sad, upset him, just like at the CDC, where he hated hearing her cry, making him incredibly angry. He personally didn't think that they were going to find the little girl - a whole night by herself at nine years old.. He would have been able to survive that at that young age, but that was solely due to the fact that he had experience with living out there, as at times he would often have to go days in the woods to avoid his father..

"I think we're going to find her." Nate announced, as Zoe looked up at him expectantly, knowing that he had more to say just from the tone of his voice. "Just not in the way that everybody hopes." He admitted, causing the girls face to fall.

Zoe nodded, sadly agreeing with his words, but wishing that she didn't; it wasn't something she liked to think about, but it was probably going to be the outcome of this search. "You think she's dead?" She asked him.

"I'm just saying that there's a chance. I want to find her just as much as everyone else... We just have to consider the other possibilities." Nate spoke, the words getting to Zoe. He didn't want to admit that the girl could be dead, but the odds weren't in her favour, and with the strength that some of these walkers had, he didn't think that she would be able to fight one off on her own. Even some of the men in the group have troubles with walkers, so it didn't make him think that Sophia could handle any..

As she was looking up at Nate to see if he was telling the truth in his words, she caught her foot on a tree root, causing her to stumble forwards; but luckily for her, Nate had caught her just in time, grabbing her arm, and pulling her back up to a standing position besides him. "Thanks." She breathed out, keeping her hand gripped onto his jacket. She got lost in his eyes slightly, just as the group stopped just ahead, "Let's go." She mumbled, letting go of him and heading off towards the others, causing him to sigh at the sight of her go, before following after her.