( 𝟎𝟑𝟒 ) the aftermath

—  HERSHEL WAS OKAY, AND IT WAS a huge relief to Nate and the rest of the group, that the old man had pulled through

— HERSHEL WAS OKAY, AND IT WAS a huge relief to Nate and the rest of the group, that the old man had pulled through. They couldn't loose another one of their group, not after the prison, and definitely not after Sophia and Andrea.. The prisoners hadn't been a problem since Rick had sorted them out, even after one of them had tried to kill the man, he gave them sympathy and let the last two surviving stay in the prison, but away from the rest of the group. Nate was sure that the prisoner who ran off hadn't made it, so that gave them one less prisoner to worry about.
He and Daryl could have easily been trapped here at the beginning of the apocalypse, and they could have easily been the two prisoners on the other side of the prison. Their lifestyle before everything went to shit was probably worse off than it was now - he, Daryl and Merle just weren't meant for the world, but they were meant for the apocalypse. Call them crazy, but it's just how it was. Not that the two brothers agreed with T-Dog that the prisoners should be allowed to bunk with them, because Nate sure as hell didn't want them near his girl. Zoe meant everything to him, in his whole lifetime he had never met someone quite like her, she was a one of a kind. He would go to the ends of the earth to keep her safe. So, when the prisoners came up to the group and asked if they could move from their cell block because they didn't like it, Nate completely backed his brother in terms of not wanting them near them. Like Daryl said, they all took their chances out there, now is their turn.

The prisoners currently stood with the cars, in between the entrance, locked up, as they didn't trust them, and now, they were just waiting on Rick's decision on whether he was going to let them stay with them or not. "Are you serious?" Rick asked T-Dog as Daryl came back over after locking them up at the entrance, "You want them living in a cell next to you? They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons. You want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?" He asked, unsure as to why T-Dog was putting his trust in these two men that they didn't even know.

"I never stopped." T-Dog told Rick, sticking with his gut that they could trust these guys. Now was a world that they shouldn't be judging each other for what happened before the outbreak - the world was different now. "Bring them into the fold. Now, we send 'em off packing, we might as well execute them ourselves." He told the others. Nate wasn't a murderer, but he would be happy to send the prisoners on their way. Their group, their family, was right here, and them two men weren't apart of it, and never will he. He knew that T should face the facts and realise that not everyone in this world is good.

"I don't know. Axel seems a little unstable." Glenn spoke up for the first time, agreeing with Rick.

"They both seem unstable. Can't trust 'em." Nate agreed, nodding at Glenn's statement.

"After all we've been through?" Carol cut in, "We fought so hard for all this. What if they decide to take it??" She asked.