Episode 14

The Vessel

Sam: Hey, did you know the Nazis had a special branch devoted to archaeology?

Dean: Little early for Nazi trivia, especially without caffeine.

Lucifer: How are your wounds, doggie?

Crowley: They are... no less than I deserve.

Lucifer: Aww, you're scared of your master. That's a good doggie. But it's an act. I broke you, but um, yup I can still smell it. You've got that delectable little whiff of defiance. You're just playing, huh? Waiting for your moment to retake the throne. Am I right?

Crowley: Yes sir.

Dean: You need to stay here.

Sam: Stay here?

Dean: Just in case things go sideways, somebody needs to be left standing to take care of the Darkness. We can't risk us both! And at the moment, I'm the least valuable player, you both know that I can't kill Amara! So the least I can do is get the thing that we need so that you can!

Dean: Captain James Dearborn, my name is Dean Winchester and I am on a mission from the future, the details of which I am not a liberty to discuss. But know this: within the hour, a German destroyer will find and attack this submarine and you will go down.

Dean: From Man of Letters to Man of Letters I'm fighting a war in the future. It's not like your war, it's big. Biblical, end-is-nigh big. And I need your weapon to win. That is why I came.

Lucifer: Oh, it's ju- I don't, I don't need you anymore. I mean, Dean's the one with the link to Amara. Why have I been trying to spare you? I mean, maybe it's because you're like the girl who kept turning me down at the prom. I will touch your soul, just because you asked so nicely. And I'll use your spell to blast through the warding and retrieve Dean and the, um, Hand of God. And then when Dean comes back and he finds this place decorated with your guts, I will tell him the truth, Sam. I'll just say, 'Dean -- Dean... he knew the risks, he wouldn't take no for an answer.'

Sam: Lucifer.

Lucifer: In the flesh.

Dean: Teach me how to use it. It's the power of God. Maybe I can use it to save you, save the sub.

Delphine: And your war?

Dean: I wanna help you now.

Delphine: You save this ship, get us to the surface, and then what? The power of God will consume you, and you'll have merely brought the weapon closer to the Nazis' grasp. We are supposed to die, let us do it with a purpose.

Sam: Cas? Why?

Castiel: I wanted to be of service to the fight. And only Lucifer can beat her.

Lucifer: Mmm, I feel a burden lifted. You know, this whole 'deep cover' thing, it just wasn't, it wasn't terribly well thought out. Donning this-this Cas mask? This grim face of angelic constipation? Just ugh. And then teaming up with you two. I mean, I thought you boys were insufferable as mortal enemies. But, working with you? Ugh, that's the soul crusher. Why the faces, boys? You should be cheering. We have a common enemy, and with this she will be no problem. I mean, I will have killed you both by then, but still, come on.

Sam: So how'd you get through today? I mean, what did you do?

Dean: Nothing. Sam, they... I was just a witness.

Sam: Do you want to talk about it?

Dean: No. No, story for another day. Hey, the, uh... The German ship that sank the Bluefin, what happened to it?

Sam: It went down. Unlike the sub, its wreckage was found. Um, there was a giant hole that'd been ripped through the entire thing, something must have hit the fuel tanks, it exploded. But it burned, sank.