Episode 13

Love Hurts

Sam: Is that a hickey?

Dean: And? It was Valentines's Day. I can't help it if I'm a hopeless romantic.

Sam: You got half of that right.

Dean: Just doing my civic duty, helping all the single ladies. You know the best thing about February 14th? You don't have to be 'Mr. Right,' just 'Mr. Right Now.'  

Dean: Well, that blows. But if her name's not Amara, how is that us?

Sam: Because her heart was ripped out.

Dean: On Valentine's Day?

Sam: Yeah.

Dean: Was it, like, an ironic werewolf?  

Dean: I need a beer, regroup, maybe get lucky.

Sam: Didn't you just get lucky?

Dean: That was in Kansas. What do you say, you with me? Go scrape a few hearts off the barroom floor?

Sam: I think I'll pass. I'm gonna hit the lore, but you go be you.  

Sam: So the curse is transmittable?

Dean: Like a magic STD. Okay, that works. Kinda makes you nostalgic for good old-fashioned herpes.  

Dean: 'The Art of Dyeing.' Well, can't say she didn't warn you.  

Sam: Witch-killing bullets.

Dean: We gotta come up with a better name than that.  

Amara: I understand, Dean.

Dean: Is that right?

Amara: The longing in your heart, I feel it too.  

Amara: I can see inside your heart, feel the love you feel. Except, it's cloaked in shame. When it comes to this, you can't help yourself. So why fight it? Just give in.  

Dean: Honestly? What, you seriously think the sister of God is my deepest, darkest desire?

Sam: She isn't?

Dean: No, she can't be.

Sam: Why not?

Dean: Why? Because if she was, then that means I'm-

Sam: Means you're what? Complicit? Weak? Evil?

Dean: For starters, yeah.

Sam: Dean, do you honestly think you ever had a choice in the matter? She's the sister of God. And for some reason she picked you, and that sucks, but if you think I'm gonna blame you or judge you, I'm not.  

Sam: Just how bad is it?

Dean: Standing here right now? Every bone in my body wants to run her through, send her back to that hole she crawled out of. But when I'm near her... I don't know, something happens. I can't explain it. But to call it desire or love, it's not that. I'm screwed, man. We want to kill the Darkness. We need to kill the Darkness. And I don't think I can. I'm sorry to do that to you, you know? But when it comes down to it...

Sam: I got it Dean.  

Dean: Yeah, and what'd you do, judgey? Curl up in your Snuggie, watch 'Fifty Shades' on cable?  

Dean: Hey, any luck?

Sam: No. You?

Dean: No. Hey, what's a-ah 'dad bod?'

Sam: Here we go. Someone chants the curse and lays a wet one on you, then the victim is seduced and killed by the qareen. But instead of taking the form of Barbara Eden, they present themselves as your deepest, darkest desire.  

Dean: Silver lining about being cursed. I'll finally get some face time with Daisy Duke. My deepest, darkest desire.

Sam: Seriously?

Dean: Ever since I was seven.

Sam: So, Bach, not Simpson?

Dean: Pfft... Eh, I guess I wouldn't say 'no' to either.