Episode 22

We Happy Few

Sam: W-we all know that you are God, um, but, maybe could you be a-a little less... Lordly?

Chuck: But I am- I- I'm the Lord.

Chuck: I did what had to do. To create the world, I had to lock Amara away. And when the Mark corrupted you and I saw that you posed a threat to humankind, I did the same with you.

Lucifer: No, you betrayed me. You gave me the Mark to lock her away, and when it changed me, when it did what the Mark inevitably does... you threw me away.

Chuck: No, son. The Mark... you always cast a jaundiced glance at humans. The Mark didn't change you. It just made you more of what you already were.

Lucifer: What I was was your son... your child.

Castiel: You know, every second I've spent subordinating myself to Lucifer, it's been a torment. It's destroying me, it's burning through my vessel. But I would do it all over again, because through me, he and God, they will defeat the Darkness. That's my role in this fight. It's God's fight. You can play a part in that fight too... if you join me.

Lucifer: It's about her. Sam, it's about his girlfriend.

Dean: Okay. Shut up.

Lucifer: I mean, think about it. Dean Winchester meets the biggest evil in the universe, and he takes a pass? Come on. Now he wants Daddy to do what he couldn't.

Dean: I tried to kill her. And it didn't work.

Chuck: Maybe it didn't work because you didn't want it to work. Maybe you didn't want to kill her.

Sam: You want God to kill Amara because you don't want Amara to be killed?

Dean: Yeah, maybe there's a part of me that just can't hurt her. But if she's already dead...

Sam: Then she's already dead. Right.

Chuck: Rowena. Crowley. It's good to finally meet you in person.

Rowena: Sorry about, well, everything I've ever done in my life. Really, y-you can't have been a fan.

Chuck: Oh yeah. I've been quietly rooting against you both for some time now. Although, I can't deny you're one of my guilty pleasures.

Rowena: Oh, God.

Crowley: Oh, God.

Dean: Alright, no flirting. And no fighting.

Sam: We talked about this. It's time to do the smart thing.

Dean: So, what am I supposed to do, just sit by and watch?

Sam: No. We're both in this fight. You're leading this army.

Dean: Oh, you mean babysitting the bad guys? Okay, Sam. Okay. God's plan.

Chuck: I'm sorry. For this, for everything.

Amara: An apology at last. What's sorry to me? I spent millions of years crammed in that cage... alone... and afraid, wishing -- begging for death, because of you! And what was my crime, brother?!

Chuck: The world needed to be born! And you wouldn't let me! Amara, you give me no choice.

Amara: That's your story. Not mine. The real reason you banished me, why I couldn't be allowed to exist... you couldn't stand it. No, we were equals. We weren't great or powerful, because we stood only in relation to each other. You think you made the archangels to bring light? No. You made them to create lesser beings, to make you large, to make you Lord. It was ego! You wanted to be big!

Chuck: That's true. But it isn't the whole truth. There's a value, a glory in creation... that's greater and truer than my pride or my ego. Call it grace, call it being! Whatever it is, it didn't come from my hands. It was there... waiting to be born. It just is, as you and I just were. Since you've been freed, I know that you've seen it. Felt it.

Amara: It didn't have to be like this. I loved you, brother. Well... you've won again. Finish it. Kill me.

Amara: I'd die a million times and murder you a million more before going back there! Tell me... if you won't change, why should I?

Dean: Amara, what have you done?

Sam: He's dead. God's dead.

Amara: No. He's dying. My brother will dim... and fade away into nothing. But not until He sees what comes next. Not until He watches this world, everything He created, everything He loves turn to ash. Welcome to the end.