CHAPTER 9

I have two daughters, a high rank in the clan and a brother. Hawkflower thought. But where is that bat brain? 

"Hawkflower!" 

Is that Flamespark? I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind.

"Hawkflower!"

Hang on.. Is that actually FLAMESPARK?

"Hawkflower where are you? I'm so sorry!"

Hawkflower dived into sight. Even in all her anger, she couldn't help but feel a little sympathy for her brother.

"Oh hawkflower, look at my kits! This one is Sandkit, the other is Heatherkit."

Swiftstar entered the nursery. "Oh look who's here.""Little Flamekit coming for his sissy?"

Flamespark spat."Shut up, Swiftclaw, I'm only trying to show Hawkflower her kin."

"Hawkflower? Have you got something to say?"Swiftstar grinned."By the way, i'm Swiftstar now"

"Umm... Yes Flamespark...  The clan has moved forward without you..."Hawkflower sounded uneasy."I had a kit now called Ashpaw, and now two kits named Flamekit and Dawnkit with Swiftstar here. Umm... Well done for your kits."

"Oh." Flamespark stalked out of the nursery.

"Flamespark.. Wait!"

"Don't follow him." Swiftstar chuckled. "He has his own things to do."

"Flamespark! I'm sorry!" By the time Hawkflower squeezed out of the nursery, Flamespark was out of the camp."Oh flamespark.."  Hawkflower ran after him. Following his scent trail.

When she caught up with him, he was scaling the rocky cliff, tail drooping low. "Flamespark! Please!"

He stopped in his tracks. "Hawkflower, i can see you're doing fine without me. You even admitted."

"I didn't mean it like that. I said the clan moved forward without you. Not me."

"It doesn't seem like it. To have kits with that mousebrain."

Suddenly Hawkflower understood. She felt anger for Swiftstar. "Please just wait. I understand now."

"You really think you understand. You do. You are wrong. Very wrong." He disappeared up the rocky cliff.

For the next hour, Hawkflower searched and searched. A small meow came from behind the bush beside her. " Flamespark!" She pushed the bush aside and saw two patches. One was sand yellow. The other was white and fluffy. Flamespark had dropped a his kits.