Chapter Eight: Extreme Regrets

~•.::NO ONE'S POV::.•~

It's been close to two months since anyone's seen or heard from Tord. Matt and Tom weren't too concerned, thinking that the communist went back to doing army stuff. Edd however, was very concerned. He often wondered if Tord was okay, or if Tord was lying in a ditch somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Whether or not he was lying in a ditch, it really didn't matter at this point. A ditch on the side of the road most likely would've provided more comfort than the cold concrete of the alleyways. The communist wasn't doing much better than the last the crew saw of him, and they were okay with that.

Though, perhaps they should be a bit more concerned for their ex friend.

He had been living in the worst side of town, without even knowing it. It was even harder to find food, there were fights going on all the time, and there were rabid animals running around all over the place. Even though he was trained to survive in the worst situations, not even he could handle this.

Currently, Tord was laying in an alleyway, too sore and tired to move. He'd recently been in a fight for territory, and he was just passing by. He'd lost and managed to break his leg while running away. He wanted to go find food, but he couldn't be bothered to move at the moment.

Then the smell of blood made him look up from the cold ground of the alleyway. It wasn't his blood, rather it was blood from a dead corpse a few feet away from him. He tried to resist his survival instincts, but he soon gave in to temptation and crawled over to the corpse.

[SMALL CANNIBALISM WARNING! IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE READING ABOUT THIS, PLEASE KIP TO WHEN I SAY ITS OVER. THANK YOU]

He was so hungry. He didn't want to eat another human, but his hunger had taken over, and all rational thinking was thrown away.

He crawled over to the corpse's arm, and using the small pocket knife he had, he cut off a chunk of the arm. Without thinking really at all, he ate it. This began a continuous cycle that went on for what felt like hours. He continued to cut off bits of the arm and ate them quickly, putting away the knife when he was physically unable to take any more of it.

Looking at the corpse, he had eaten almost both arms, leaving the hands, bones, and shoulders in tact. There were pieces of flesh and blood everywhere. Even his face was covered in blood that wasn't his own. The corpse's eyes were open the whole time, blankly looking at the grey sky while all of this was going on.

Deciding that this was enough, he dragged himself away from the mutilated corpse.

[CANNIBALISM IS OVER NOW. YOU MAY CONTINUE ON YOUR WAY]

He crawled to the back wall of the alleyway, laying back down and slowly beginning to pass out. Once he began to think rationally again, he hated himself for what he did. His mind finally shut down and allowed him to pass out from exhaustion.

•~.:: Edd's POV::.~•

It's been months since we've seen Tord. I hope he's okay. Tom tells me not to worry about it, and Matt says we'll see him again someday. I hope they're right. I honestly miss Tord. I'm not exactly ready to forgive him for what he's done, but I miss him. It's just not the same without him here. Tom even admitted he sort of missed arguing with him! Matt doesn't remember a whole lot about him, but he does miss him as well, nonetheless.

"Hey, Edd! What're you thinking about?" Asked Matt, snapping me out of my thoughts. He had his usual cheery smile, his eyes sparkling in a childish way.

"Nothing much, Matt. I'm just thinking about Tord, wondering how he's doing, you know?"

"Yeah. I miss Todd, even if I don't really remember him!"

"His name's Tord, not Todd."

"Right! Sorry! I'm still trying to get it right."

"It's alright, Matt. You're trying your best, and that's all that matters." I smiled at him, glad that he was trying his best.

"If you're that worried about the commie, then let's go look for him."

I looked at the doorway, startled to see Tom standing there.

"Wait, really? But don't you hate him, Tom?"

"Yeah, but I hate seeing you worried over someone even more. If it helps you stop worrying, then I'm willing to help you find him."

I couldn't believe Tom agreed to help us find Tord! I was so happy that I jumped up and hugged the life out of him.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou-"

"Woah, Edd, chill out! I can't breathe!"

I finally let go of him after a bit.

"Sorry about that, Tom. I forgot you don't really like hugs."

"It's alright, Edd. Now, before I die from you hugging me to death, lets go find the commie. C'mon, Matt." Tom walked out of my apartment, Matt skipping happily behind him. Heh. I have great friends. I'd do anything to make sure they're happy. Hopefully, I'll be able to call Tord my friend again.

I follow them outside and smile to myself, hoping that we'll all be a family again.

Yeah.

A family.

That sounds nice.

One happy family.

---------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

---------------------------------------------------

Finally got this chapter made! I deeply apologize for the long wait. I have school and my personal life to take care of, and it's hard to maintain a steady schedule. Well, I hope you like this chapter anyways. It's not as long or well thought out as some of the other chapters, but I hope you all still like it nonetheless. As for the cannibalism part, that will lead up to an event in one of the future chapters, so stay tuned for that.

Also, if you haven't noticed already, I made another book called '• R E H A B •'. Yes, it's Eddsworld related, so check it out if you'd like.

I'll see you in the next chapter! Sayonara!