Chapter 10: Lord Of The Delinquents

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

The next went by in a blur. Everyone was focused on finishing the wall around camp and making more weapons to use against the grounders. Jasper was finally up and about as well, Octavia right by his side.

Rory and I were discussing different routs to take to the lake without crossing paths with a grounder when Octavia and Jasper came running back into camp like they had just seen a ghost.

"Elara! Elara!"

Rory and I break conversation to see what's going on.

"You guys alright?" Rory's asks.

Octavia leans in and talks with a hushed voice, "We found something. You might want to get Clarke and Bellamy for this,"

♾♾♾

"So it wasn't a grounder attack," Clarke studies the piece of scarp metal in her hands. "Someone here murdered Wells."

"Sorry to tell you this, Clarke," Rory begins, "but someone could be anyone. Incase you haven't realized, this camp is full of murders."

"So how do we figure out who killed Wells then?" I ask.

Clarke's eyes darken as she inspects the makeshift knife. "We don't have to."

Bellamy raises an eyebrow at her, "What're you talking about?"

Clarke turns the knife over and Octavia looks over her shoulder. "J. M."

"John Murphy," I say to no one impartial.

"Yeah, Murphy killed Wells." Clarke spits. She starts to walk to the entrance of Bellamy's tent but he stops her.

"Where are you going?"

"Something has to be done. We can't just let people get away with murdering someone in camp,"

"Whoa, Clarke," I say, "shouldn't we talk about this first? Maybe we could pull Murphy to side and confront him-"

"You two have been at each other's throats since we got here, Elara. Are you really trying to vouch for him right now?"

"I not-" I sigh frustrated, "I'm not vouching for him."

"I think what Elara is trying to say is that we don't want to create a scene," Bellamy interjects.

"He killed Wells," Clarke glares at us all, "and I'll be damned to let him get away with it." And without another word she storms out of Bellamy's tent.

"What's she doing?" Jasper asks.

"Creating a scene," Bellamy quickly pushes through the tents entrance and we follow him.

Clarke stomps up to Murphy and holds up the knife, "Lose something?"

Murphy's eyebrows knit together as he looks from Clarke to the knife. "That's my knife, where'd you get it?"

"Right where you left it after you murdered Wells." Clarke's words are sharp and take Murphy by surprise.

He glances around at the crowd which was slowly forming around him and Clarke. "Are you insane? I didn't kill anyone."