Chapter 2

Rose's point of view

"OMG. She just smirked at me." I tell Mari looking away from Kris.

"Wait! That is who you kissed? You know who that is right?" Mari asks me.

"No. All I know is that she is in my first period, hella attractive, and just had a huge break up scene probably because of me." I tell her with a smile on my face. Why am I happy about them breaking up because of me? I should feel awful for that. No it couldn't have been because of me. 

"She is the it girl. The one everyone wants to be with. Guy or chick. She is a lesbian so the guys who try to get with her general get turned down in the most hilarious ways." Mari tells me.

"How do you know all of this already? It is only the second period and it is our first day at this school. 

"Luke told me since he has had friends here before we got here so they always talked about her and talked about how hot she is. Which they aren't wrong she is attractive but you know I ain't into that." She says.

"Well I just won't think anything of it then. I gotta be focused on the soccer try-outs that we have today." I tell her remembering that I have to be sure I make the team or I will be stuck going to her games to support her. It is a no brainer that she is getting on the team since she knows the coach. 

The bell rang and we both got up grabbing out backpacks and our soccer bags. 

A few more periods pass by and off to second lunch. Since there are so many students in the school we have two separate lunches. There is first lunch which happens after third period and then second lunch that happened after fourth period. Thankfully all my friends had second lunch with me so I didn't have to be a loner all of it. 

We all agreed to meet up in front of the theatre building so then we can find a spot to sit together. Since there was a grass hill in front of the theatre we decided to just sit on that. Despite the fact that everyone called it loser hill we didn't care since it was nice to be able to all just sit in a circle and talk. 

"Hey I heard that the baseball players are having try-outs when we have soccer try-outs." Mari told me which made me think that Kris  might be there since she had the baseball bag when I seen her walking.

"I think Kris will be there." I tell Mari.

"Aren't girls the ones who play softball and the guys play baseball. I thought they were pretty strict on being gender specific when it comes to their sports." Mari says in an annoyed way since it bothers her that they have it separated like that. 

"Well I seen her carrying a baseball bag when I was walking to school. She could've been carrying it for someone then." I told her a little confused. I sat there for a few minutes before grabbing my lunch out of my bag.

Luke finally came over to where we were sitting since he was to occupied talking to some girl that he just met. 

"Rose we gotta talk."  Luke says to me in a stern voice.

I looked at him worried since I can tell it is something that isn't good. He probably knows about what happened in the bathroom during gym class. I wouldn't be surprised since he is on the baseball team and everyone knows him. 

I stood and and followed him for a little while until our friend group was out of ear shot. 

"Tell me I am wrong. Shit, I hope I am wrong. Did I hear that you and Kris hooked up in the girls bathroom second period?" He asks me talking to me as if I am a child. 

"I...uh...No...but...yes." I stuttered out.

"Which is it Rose!" Luke starts to raise his voice with me.

"We kissed in the bathroom. All we did was make out! Okay! It is no big deal, now stop talking to me as if I am a child let alone younger than you. We are the same age and we are our own beings!" I yelled at him pissed that he was belittling me. 

Mari slowly walks up and looks at Luke. Then she looks at me.

"Luke. You got to stop trying to act better than us. She told me when it happened. I told her about what you've said about Kris, so drop it." Mari says touching Luke arm gently. Which of course she is able to get away with doing since they have has a thing for each other for as long as I can remember. They just haven't hooked up yet since they don't want to ruin their friendship let alone separate the friend group if they had split up. 

"You're right, Mari." Luke says apologetically.

"I am sorry for coming at you like that Rose. It is just that she is bad news. She will eat you up and spit you out." He giggled at his own innuendo. 

I just looked at him and went to sit back down to eat since I was starving and I knew lunch was over. Mari and him stood there to talk more and they ended up hugging. I swear they should just get back together.