Chapter 5

We practiced the musical. I was so hoping she wasn't making us do Romeo and Juliet which she didn't. Luckily enough. We spent two hours on it until we all agreed to go out and get dinner. At the restaurant I worked part time at....

"Hey I get a discount here so make sure you order the most expensive thing." I joked.

"Ok I'll have the whole menu then." Andrew said. I rolled my eyes and decided on my food. After we ordered we all talked about random things and what we were studying and other stuff like that. We finished up and went our separate ways. I walked in my dorm and my roommate was gone. Probably out with friends. I looked over the musical and started singing it again.

...........

"Hey I'm back, sorry. Oh but you won't believe what happened to me." She said sounding excited.

"What?!"

"I'm going on a date tonight!" she practically yelled.

"Thats awesome, with who?"

"His name is Shaun and his new just like you." She admitted with a small shriek at the end. "Omg what am I going to wear? Oh you should come too just bring a date. Omg and you can be my wing-girl in case I don't know what to say. Yes this is so awesome." She said.

"Hey, slow down. I dont have a date to go with."

"Get that guy you are always hanging out with you know the one who took you to a party, AS HIS DATE. Open your eyes girl, he likes you." She screamed at me.

"Woah, woah, woah. He may like me but I don't know I would rather only have friends right now. No boyfriends." I admitted even though I kind of wanted to ask him.

"Fine but you are still going shopping with me because I don't have anything nice to wear."

"Ok that I can do." I said.

"So come on let's go." I laughed at her and grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys then shut the door.

"So are you driving?" I asked as I locked the door.

"Who ever wants to drive."

"Ok so you?" I asked.

"Okay." She said. We drove to the nearest dress store. She jumped out of the car and ran to the front door in the time it took me to open the car door.

"Hang on. I'm coming, we still have three hours until your date.

"Ok, ok I'll calm down." She said and took a deep breath. "K I'm good. Now Hurry!!" She yelled and ran in. I shook my head and walked in behind her.

"Hi can I help you?" A worker asked.

"Um do you have any casual dresses for a first date." I asked.

"Yes what size?"

"What size do you wear?" I asked Sasha.

"A 16 usually." She said.

"Ok um most of those dresses are right here. Short or long?"

"Short." She said.

"Ok here they are. My name is Ashlynn just yell my name if you need anything else. Ok?"

"Ok thanks." I said.

"No problem." Ashlynn said and walked off.

"How do you like these?" Sasha asked holding up three dresses.

"I like them but go try them on and I'll look for more." I said and shooed her off to the dressing room.

"Can you hold my phone and wallet please?" She asked giving the stuff to me.

"Sure." I said and took it. She then ran to the changing room and closed the door. I took her phone and started taking random selfies on it just for fun when she got a text. I tried not to look but it said it was from 'him' so I had to.

'Hey I'm sorry but can I not go on this date it was just a dare and I wasn't expecting you to say yes and I don't like you that way.' I reread it making sure it was for real and I turned it off once I saw her exit the changing room.

"So what do you think?" She asked and spun around to show me the bottom flies a little up.

"I like it but try on some more." I said still stirred up about the text.

"Ok." She said and changed into some more dresses. We were there for about thirty minutes until she asked for her phone. I shakily gave it to her and she turned it on looking directly at the text. I saw tears fall out of her eyes while she read it and I let some tears shed as well. Once she was done she looked at me. I nodded and stood up to hug her. She dropped the dresses she was holding and started balling in the sleeve of my shirt.