Chapter 8

Cody and Alexis decide to go get some coffee and talk. Cody orders himself a bagel and looks at Alexis and says, " I won't force you to eat I'd like it if you did but I can't force you Alexis." Alexis smiles at him and sips on her coffee. She looks up at him and says, " Why did you want to meet me today Cody are you going to tell me not to cut anymore or something." He looks up at her and shakes his head no. "Alexis I just want to get to know you better I do like you." Alexis smiles and blushes they sit and talk for the next 2.5 hours sipping coffee and laughing. Suddenly Alexis looks at her phone for the first time and theres 5 missed calls from Jake and 2 missed calls from Anna. " Cody I'm sorry but I really have to get going could you give me a ride back to my flat." Cody says yes and drives Alexis to her flat and when she walks in Jake and Anna look at her and start telling. Anna is screaming at Alexis about how she can't just take off like that because of her cutting and her anorexia.  Alexis looks up at Jake and tries to smile at him then turns and walks back to her room. Alexis looks at them when she opens her door and says " I was actually happy this time but thank you for telling me how much I disappoint you guys." Alexis turns and shuts her door and starts playing her music loudly and she decides to text Cody to see if they could hangout again later that night. She waits for a response and doesn't get one so she starts cleaning up her room and find her hidden stash of razors. She holds one of the blades in her hand then sighs and puts it back in the hiding spot with the others.