house marigot

HOUSE MARIGOT( GENERAL INFORMATION )

HOUSE MARIGOT
( GENERAL INFORMATION )

House Marigot of Dewacreage is a noble family of Westeros, having originated a century following the invasion of the Andals. Established by Matar Marigot, the youngest nephew of Arian Gardener, House Marigot began as a small yet esteemed faction of the Reach. Following the War of Conquest in which Aegon Targaryen united six of the seven kingdoms, the sitting Lord, Willard Marigot, bent the knee without hesitation to ensure the survival of his house. Rather than accepting Aegon's reward of Highgarden, Willard suggested it go to the Tyrells, the stewards of the defeated Gardener House. Instead, he requested the site of Dewacreage, a forgotten castle with overgrown plants and stone ruins. House Marigot rebuilt and raised one of the most beautiful and modest fortresses in the continent, focusing on outer aesthetic so that potential enemies would underestimate the military power the house held.

House Marigot began with an army of fifteen thousand, only for it to decrease as the years passed. By the time Symon Marigot had inherited the seat of Dewacreage, the customs of the family had changed drastically. Young women were married off for alliances and as war came and went, House Marigot remained neutral and insignificant. Their military forces had dwindled to a mere one hundred and fifty, and though their fortune had grown from the fertility of the land in which they lived, they never boasted like the Lannisters or the Tyrells.

Due to their submissive nature and the fact that they consistently chose the easy way out of war and hardship, House Marigot was seen by others as cowardly and useless. Symon Marigot, also known as the 'Halfwit Highborn' and the 'Lummox Lord', chose to remain docile and dull, trying to keep both himself and his family out of harm's way. If it was all or nothing, House Marigot would choose the latter.

Their words are: Nurture, Flourish, Thrive. These apply to the importance of family and unity within House Marigot. Originally, this motto surrounded how the community supported the growth of new skills and talents, but it had lost meaning as the house's power diminished.A bumblebee sits on the Marigot banner with a pale blue field. This signifies the land in which the House was built upon, with the fertility contributing majorly to the continent's health and hunger. Members of the family used to be referred to as their sigil animal, as though they were peaceful, they could also be deadly when threatened.

Though there isn't an obscene amount of faith put in the noble house, historically they believe in the Faith of the Seven.