Stay

Haven't written Lucifendi in awhile. Thought this could suffice. I have another story regarding glasses that will be out soon, but I need to figure out a bloody title haha.

Kicks off near the very end of case 5, The DJ's Swan Song.

It practically goes zero to one hundred real quick. Enjoy!

---

"But it's bothering me! It's all so intriguing!" Lucy knew there was more to what Justin was saying, there was no doubt about that. The Prof was practically sweating bullets and she knew, even after these small amount of cases, there was something of the matter with him. He had been off all day and there was no doubt in her mind that perhaps Justin had something to do with whatever was going on with the Prof. She wondered if she was close enough with him to even know. Sure, he had called her 'my dear Lucy' multiple times as they had conversed, but she didn't know where his or even her feelings lie.

The Prof sighed, clear weariness laced in it, "You'll find out soon enough, whether you want to or not." He paused for a brief moment, his mind in clear battle of whether or not he should even say his next words, "Assuming, of course, that you stay on as my assistant. And I hope that you do."

"What is that supposed to mean?" A sudden jagged feeling caught her throat. Assuming that she would want to stay as his assistant? There would be no question. "You know I'm invested as it is already Prof, there's no way I'm going to leave you like that."

He chuckled, but the mirth was stripped away from such a normally cheery sound. The Prof walked to his desk and sat there, his body leaning against the chair. Lucy didn't want to let this go. He never said a thing without reason, whether it be a jest or a sincere comment in regards whatever case they may have been working on. She went straight for the desk and slammed her hands on it. "Prof!" She knew she had pushed a barrier when his hair turned his usual dark crimson when he was having moments like these, where he didn't say anything. His hair covered his eyes, so she was unable to determine where he was looking or what he was possibly thinking. He stood up from his chair and came close to her ear. Deep inside, she was partially trembling.

"You need to be careful, Baker. You're so sweet, someone might want to devour you. And we wouldn't want that, now would we?" He said it in a low voice, one would even dare say that he was growling. Lucy attempted to step back away from the desk, but the Prof grabbed her by the wrist, roughly. His eyes flicked to hers in deep amusement. She wasn't sure if her eyes indicated fear or courage, but regardless, he released her for a split moment only to grab her by the collar of her green jacket and lift her up. "Such a pity, you are a beautiful face. It would be a shame if the life stored in your cheeks would turn pale."

"Prof, let me go!" The moment she had said such a thing, he did. He clutched onto papers on the desk, his hair changing to it's normal wine colour.

"Lucy? I'm...I...I'm sorry." He managed to let out, but even then, it wasn't enough to stay in some sort of control. She knew she should run. She knew it from the deepest depths of her heart, but she couldn't. Lucy's feet remained planted onto the ground, bringing herself closer to him again. She carefully brought her hand closer to his face. At no reaction besides his deep and heavy breaths, she stroked his cheek.

"Is this what you are referring to?" He did not give a reaction and Lucy was deducing ways to call for help if things went south. She barely got onto the idea of running and calling for Duster, since she knew he was out in the halls at this time, when he grabbed onto her wrist again. It wasn't rough, but it was tight enough for her not to budge.

"Sometimes, I think he keeps you around because he thinks I won't go berserk. The fake's been dealing with me for awhile now, calling me a problem to my own partner. How infuriating. Imagine, being called a problem." She hated that she found the slyness of his voice alluring, how it dropped at least an octave as he spoke with gusto. "Are you ever scared with me, Baker?"