Your Two Profs

This is a little experimental. I was kind of getting tired of saying Placid and Potty all the time. It doesn't work, especially with Potty. I mean can you really call him that in a loving gesture? So instead, I was thinking of calling Potty Al and Placid Fendi, to kind of split the name Alfendi to make it work better? I dunno. Just an experimental test. Tell me what y'all think.

"Are you quite sure that it would be a good idea to do it here, out of all places?" Fendi frowned at his fellow personality's odd choice of place, for even as he himself may have attachment to the Mystery Room, it wasn't necessarily the place to propose for someone's hand in marriage.

"You certainly are insufferable, aren't you?" Al snapped back, "It is, truthfully, the best place to ask. Full of memories, moments tethered in time."

"And when the place is demolished? When we don't work here anymore? This isn't quite a public place, if you do recall. Someday, someone will take this position from us and this life of solving crime will no longer fit our lifestyle." Fendi tapped his chin, "Maybe we could do it in the park? There are plenty of places out there besides here."

"You've only existed for five years. I don't think you have such a right to talk for long term. You're not even sure you'll remain." Al remarked.

"Perhaps, but my point still stands."

It was a long day that was coming to a close. Although he was sure she forgot, it was their two year anniversary to the day they began working together. Both personalities had been curating their own speeches, their own preparations to make sure their proposals to the perfect woman would go without a hitch. Although, as with most things that were meant to be challenging, they were having an internal debate on whether or not to do what they had been dreaming of since after Forbodium.

It was enough to stir a confusion within him. It was also enough for Lucy to take note.

"Prof, are you alright? This is the third time you've dozed." Lucy said, flipping through the pages of their recent crime that they had solved. "Boring as this is, we have to be up for just a little longer."

"I'm fine, Lucy. Just thinking." Fendi shrugged, shaking his head and continued to write.

"About the case?" Lucy asked, "It was quite the doozy. Who knew the child was capable? The way she unnervingly said that she had killed them all just to see what was inside the human body?"

"Nobody did. Underestimated her. Luckily, we apprehended her fast enough so she wouldn't go off the hook again." He shook his head once again, "It's not about the case. Just something on my mind, my dear Lucy. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?" Lucy asked, placing a hand on his coated arm. Al came to full form, sighing at her gesture. He loved it all the same, but worrying her wouldn't be a good move. She smiled sheepishly to him, moving her hand to his own. The warmth of her skin was enough to make his cheeks warm, even if they had been dating for sometime now.

"Don't worry your pretty little head, Baker. Fendi and I are just chatting in here." Al attempted a smile, then turned back to the paperwork. It was obvious that they really were quarreling inside, but Lucy couldn't really decipher what it could be. They went along for most cases, with each having a skill set that proved useful most of the time. Regardless, she looked up at the clock on the wall and noticed it was already time to go.

"Prof? I'm gonna start wrapping up. It's almost time to go." Lucy closed the file, standing and began to prepare her routine. Picking up paper balls that the Al seemed to have gained an affinity for when it wasn't giving him the proper information to confidential paperwork that wasn't meant to be laying around. The Prof looked up, his chin resting on his raised palm as he watched her for a moment while her back was turned.