The Three D's

Despair.

Distraught.

Death.

I could feel the three D's icy breath tickle my neck as I looked down at my best friend's body, lying on the floor not able to take a breath. His legs and whole body going stiff as his eyes roll beneath the lids and the last breath escapes his lips.

I have no one to talk to. No one to tell all of my present secrets to when I'm about to burst. No one to comfort me when I come home in tears. No one to tell the high school drama to. I was utterly alone.

It felt as if the walls of the house were suffocating me so I ran out the front door. Once I leapt off the front steps I just kept running. I ran and ran until I couldn't breath anymore. Until I thought my ribcage was going to collapse on my heart. I plopped down on the wet grass and looked up at the grey stone.

Nick Blake 1974-2010 He will be remembered as a good father.

A cold tear fell down my face and splashed on the ground. I reached up and touched the engraved "father" before i curled into a ball and began to cry. The kinda of crying when your breath is constricted and you make that helping noise like a child. They're both gone now. Zero. My dad.

I was close to my dad but even closer to Zero. They were right. Dog really is mans' best friend.

~~~

check out the pretty sweet trailer made by @ImagineFrost

ps. She has great tasteXD