Cruel World

He lied to me.

Told me I was valuable. Special.

He lied.

They both did.

**********************************************************************************************************

At first I thought he was dead. He didn't move and was stiff on the floor. I cried out and ran to him.

"He's fine," my father said cruelly. He sneered at Tabbers crumpled figure and then brought his gaze to me. His eyes were blood red. He must of just eaten.

"What did you do to him?!" I yelled. Tabber began to stir and mumble. I glared at my father.

"I just simply knocked him around. He's fine," he shrugged it off. I gave him a horrified look and he continued, "he lied to you! I did not intend for you to live like this!" He walked over towards me and yanked me up. His fingernails dug into my arm. Blood trickled down my arm.

"Your hurting me!" Tears blurred my vision and I tried to hold them back. I looked towards Tabber and saw his dark shadow rise. He stumbled towards me and Nick. My father didn't seem to notice.

"Don't....hurt.....her," Tabber whispered. Blood started dripping fro

His nose. Nick began to laugh.

"you think that you can fill her head with lies and then make her fall in love with you. How sweet." I was confused after that.

"Tabber what is he talking about?" Tabber flinched.

"I didn't lie to you. Don't listen to him vi!" he said desperately.

"If you want to become part of the Render, Violet, we must get rid of rebellion. You have to kill him." The tears started pouring. I shook my head and cried.

"No."

"Kill him."

Tabber fell to his knees. He looked up at me and gavee a sad smile. "Just do it Vi. If you don't he will hunt us down."

"Kill him. KILL HIM!!!"

Nick gave me a hard shove and I dropped to my knees next to Tabber.

"Oh I see. You two are in love. How cute. The lady and the tramp. Well if you aren't going to make my job easy then I'll just do it myself." He walked over to Tabber and grabbed him by the hair.

"Please," I begged. Red tears fell into a puddle on the floor as I stood up. I didn't know who to believe. I didn't want Tabber to die but Nick was my father. Suddenly I knew what I had to do. I walked to where I walked in this mess and picke up Tabbers gun.

"Any last words boy?!" he sneered. I stood behind him and raised the gun to his head. My arm felt like I had weights attached to them.

"Yeah actually I do," Tabber laughed, "Im gonna go to your funeral to make sure you stay dead." and with that I pulled the trigger.