[26]

THEY WENT TO THE DAMN GRAMMYS

THEY WENT TO THE DAMN GRAMMYS. THE FLAVOR. TALENT. THEIR MINDS.

-

Normani's POV

Normani's POV

"sometimes I tell myself, "no. There isn't anything Normani would do that could jeopardize her career" and which and every single time you do something reckless I seem to be corrected" Brandon tells me pacing back and forth across the hospital room.

I roll my eyes sighing.

"It wasn't like it was anything that serious"

You should of saw the way this man was looking at me. He was furious as if I had lied to him.

"You don't think you lying, pretending as if you weren't sick and risking your health backstage of an important Music Award isn't serious?" He asks me.

"I'm fine"

"How was I supposed to know that when I get a call from one of the boys that you collapsed and had a fever of 102?" He asks.

"But I'm fine now"

"You don't get it do you? Regardless if you are fine now or not, you should've told me. Told someone. So things like this can be avoided. What was so important you had to pretend as if you weren't sick", he snaps at me.

I remain silent, watching as he was no longer patient.

"Normani, I'm supposed to look after you while the time being. I can't do that if you don't tell me things like this" he says in soft tone as there was a knock on the door.

I turn to the door that opened and revealed a pretty nurse with a clipboard.

"Oh, you're awake. That's good" she pauses before looking down at her clipboard then up at us again.

"The doctor said you are able to go home after they run a few test... the only thing he suggests for you to do is just to relax and drink lots of fluids" she continues before handing Brandon a slip of paper.

"That is meditation Ms.Kordei must take every morning and night daily" she tells me and he nods.

Moments after she left, Brandon turns back to me. "This conversation isn't over, okay. I'll be back" he tells me walking out the door and shutting it behind him.