Never Prepared

It was still a bit crowded since everyone was leaving all at once but I was able to locate my group. "Y/N, I'm glad you didn't decide to change your mind!" Midoriya was the first to speak to me, which I was glad for too. "I said I was coming didn't I?" We all started walking and decided to go to a fast food place to start studying and do homework.

"I don't get this problem... Could you explain it to me Y/N?" I looked over at Uraraka's paper and sighed. "This is a simple algebra question. All you have to do is add the exponents and divide the coefficients." Everyone looked at me as if I had just spoken a different language. "Divide the what now?" Ohmigosh this is getting nowhere. "Add the little numbers to each other and divide the big numbers by each other." Everyone 'oh'd and 'ok'd to what I said. I could only facepalm at their stupidity, I finished my work a long time ago. Now I'm only helping them.

"Um, miss waitress? Can I get some fries and an f/d, please?" The waitress wrote down what I ordered and left to go get it prepared. "Um, Y/N could you explain number 6 to me?" I leaned over to Midoriya who sat next to me to see his paper. I slowly read it when I felt his hot breath on my ear. I yelped a bit and moved over covering my ear.

Everyone looked up from their paper to find out what was wrong. I was super embarrassed and quickly put my hand down from my ear. "Wow, what's wrong with you two, your both beet red. I looked at Midoriya who was also blushing. Well fuck, it looks like we were doing something. I shook my head, " No I almost headbutted Midoriya, that's all." Everyone nodded it off and went about their business while Midoriya continued to look at me.

Then he pulled out his notebook and wrote in it, then tapped me to read it. 'Why did you lie?' I took out my notebook and wrote in it too. 'S E C R E T.' He looked me in my eyes and turned away, slightly pouting. I slightly chuckled, having to deal with him might be a plus to this stupid mission.

We stayed at the restaurant and everyone went their separate ways. Midoriya and I went in the same direction since we live on the same street. Mother made sure we lived close to each other to create this kind of opportunity. So we walked together, silently. Things were starting to feel awkward. I know I'm supposed to be the aloof one til he opens up to me but I decided to speak first.

"So... Do you know anything about that guy... What's his name again? Oh yeah, Todoroki." Midoriya paused for a moment to think about my question. "W-well, he's the son of Endover. T-that's all I know about him, h-he doesn't really like to talk much." The fact that Todoroki wasn't so friendly seemed to upset Midoriya quite a bit. "Sucks for him, I'm not a super extrovert but you seem fun. He's missing out." Midoriya smiled such a genuine smile at me that I could melt.

Very soon we came to a crossroads of each others place. "You live down that way?" Midoriya pointed to my street and I nodded. "W-wow, that's actually pretty close! W-why don't I walk you the rest of the way, its dangerous for a girl at night." I raised an eyebrow at him, if anything its dangerous for the poor guy who messes with me. "N-Not that you c-can't handle y-yourself! I-I just- I just want to help!"

"Well, it's fine, I can show you my All Might figurine collection." Midoriya's eyes became as wide as saucers. "YOU HAVE FIGURINES!?" Him suddenly yelling surprised me a bit and he noticed it too. "Oh, sorry for yelling, but which ones?" "Oh, well I have that limited edition Detroit Smash figurine." Midoriya looked as if he were about to pass out. "That's amazing, I heard only 50 were made ever! I tried to get one but I was too late so I only got a poster after camping out all night! How did you get it!?" I smirked and turned away. "I have my own sources." We both began walking towards my place, Midoriya slightly ahead of me even without knowing which place is mine."

When got to the bottom steps that lead to my apartment I noticed a limo parked a bit down the road and stopped dead in my tracks. Midoriya bumped into me because of my abrupt stop. "Hey... Stay down here for a sec, I have to go check on something..." Midoriya looked at me but I was too worried to pay attention. There is only one person I know that limo could belong to.

I cautiously went up the steps and put my key in my door, but it was already unlocked. So, I just opened it instead, only to be met by two tall bodyguards. The men stepped to the side and then I saw her. "M-mother... Hello, how are you, what brings you here?" The moment our eyes met I began to tremble. Why is she here!? I haven't down anything wrong, have I? "I can't believe you, you insolent child." Mother seemed furious, I quietly stepped inside and shut the door behind me, leaving Midoriya outside only to wonder.

I'm sorry Midoriya, I'll get you soon.

"Do you know how long it's been!? You have been going to this school for almost a month now!" Mother slaps me to the floor. "What progress have you made?! None! Why is that!?" I was holding my cheek, still on the floor. "I-im sorry. I haven't gotten any information on A-All Might." Mother kicked me in the side and I fell once more. She just had to wear her pointy old lady shoes today, didn't she? "You idiotic child, don't restate what I just said!"

Mother continued to beat me, the bodyguards were flinching at how bad it was getting. "Maybe you don't recall what happens when you fail me. Why don't I jog your memory?" The memories flooded back to me. Oh no, I'm not ready for this, I can never be prepared to relive my dark past.