Chapter IV

Chapter Four:

The Underground

        We arrive at the Underground safe and sound. I mean, what could really the Federation do to an invisible multi-protected technological advance plane anyway.

        I smiled at the thought. The Federation is just too pathetic too us.

We were now passing through the gates of the Underground. Mr. Thompson, the brusque guy, opened it up for us. He was the Head of Security at the Underground.

        “Nice work.” He smiled and gave us all a high-five.    

 The Underground is a training fortress thousands of meters under the ground that is controlled by Henry that educates us, rebels, about everything we need to know. They teach us how to fight, use guns, bombs etc.

        It is a very high-tech facility. Better than in Kremlin, I assure. It has state of the art equipments, original equipments, if I may say. We made our own things. Underground is fully packed with world class scientist, headed by Ms. Hubble, soon to be Mrs. Fardeen.

        Its security is tight-locked. One of the best in the world actually. Outsiders may not even reach the gate we just passed through and if they did, they wouldn’t even last a second in the Inner Circle.

        The Inner Circle is where all the training takes place. Meaning all the soon-to-be assassins and assassins are there. It is the heart of the Underground.

        “Hi, June. Hi, team. Good job.” Riza, a nuclear physicist greeted us as we passed through the Laboratory.

        The Laboratory is responsible for every weapon, equipments, armors. Everything in this facility, even the lights. It controls everything. So we consider it the brain of the Underground. I saw Ms. Hubble wave at us. But probably that was only for George.

        The Resident Area of the Underground is located at the West side. This is where some of the trainees and employees of the Underground stays and live.

        We ride the elevator and head to Henry’s office. He would be very happy at the result of our mission.

        Henry’s office is located at the most underneath part of the Underground. It was just a simple office. Despite the Underground is very technological. He kept his office look classic with wooden designs, antique porcelains, and traditional paintings.

        At last were finally here. June opened the door for us. We saw Henry at his table watching the news from his TV at the left side of the room. He must already know about the result of our mission.

        “Ha-ha-ha. Good job Team! I’m very proud.” He stands up laughing broadly and moved forward to us. He gave us all a hug and motioned us to sit down.

        “So Henry, what do you think about what we’ve done?” I smiled and said.

        “Very impressive,” He said. “June, you’re a really good team leader.”

        “Well, thank you, sir. But the mission would fail without them.” June smiled and looked to the four of us.

        “So who’s going to be the next president?” Jane said.

        “Who’s next to the death list?” Jake grins and nudges his elbow on George ribs. George gave him a sneer.

        “What the hell are these children?” He chuckled. “Always ready to kill.”