Chapter I

Chapter One:

The War of Twelve

            Everything started on December 12, 2012. Yes it was a day that can never be forgotten in all history books and all the people of the world. Without much people on the earth realizing, an all-out war started with the twelve of the most powerful countries in the globe. It was called the War of Twelve.

        In a snap, the world I know that time suddenly fell into the sounds of deafening bombs and cannons. Crimson red color filled everywhere. Fighter jets conquered the sky. Bullets were flying over the air. Screams and terror covered the faces of everyone. Innocent people died in vain, their deaths caused by those who are in power that should be the one protecting them… protecting us… instead because of their greediness and hunger for more sovereignty, they started this war. This war that killed millions and caused so much pain and sorrow to the heart of the world.

        That day was also my birthday. I could still remember my overexcited mom and my dad smiling at me before I blew my cake. We were happy. As a little girl that was a perfect life.

        “Happy 6th Birthday, my little sweetie, Amy!” my mom said with a smile revealing her sparkling white teeth. Her black ebony hair covered my face as she curled her long arms around me.

        I giggled to her touch. Nothing feels more better than having her by myside.

        “Make a wish baby girl.” Dad said after hugging me. The face on my dad in my memory is very fuzzy. I can’t remember him clearly. All I could recall is his smile, chocolate brown hair, and his size—my mom used to tease him as a bear. Daddy bear, she would say laughing because on my dad is very huge.

        I climbed the chair which my mom putted for me to reach the table.  I leaned forward and made a wish.

I wished to God that my family and I could be like this forever… Smiling…Happy… Together…

        Then I blew my cake.

        But my wish wasn’t granted.

        Right after that, some masked men in black crashed in to our little house. They have big guns and they were very scary for a six years old like me. My mom ordered me to stay behind her. I can see that she was scared as I am but she just smiled.

“It’s going to be alright, sweetie.” She said as she placed her warm hands on my ear.

I can barely hear a thing but I can see my father negotiating to these men. I think their threatening my father.

“I…don’t…know…What? RTX? No.” that’s was all I can hear from my dad. Then someone pointed out his gun to him. I can hardly fight the tears that were already in my eyes. Then one man in black hauled my mom and hit her that made my father lose control.

Suddenly, my world stood in a slow-mo. Dad was fighting. He managed to steal one gun to one of the men. He shot one, two, three of them. Blood flowed everywhere. I looked at my mom, she was screaming. I couldn’t seem to make sense at everything, to what she said and to what is really happening. I became froze there as I watched my birthday cake, the chairs, my life, everything fall into pieces.

There I stood as I watch my father bathe in his blood as those men killed him ruthlessly breaking him bone by bone. I looked at my mom and I saw her say “I love you” as her last words at me. I stood there looking at her as she got shot in the head. The sound of the guns was deafening my ears. Some of her blood splashed into my innocent face.

And then silence. It was silence for a while, then seconds later. I heard bombs and cannons and fighter jets and explosions. I saw people on our window running, screaming. I started to cry. I believed that time that they would kill me too. Well, if that happened, maybe that would be fortunate because I would be with my mom and dad at least.