Chapter VI

Chapter Six:

Stuck

I decided to not kill him because I don’t want to be like the Federation who kills innocent people. In fact, I should be thankful about him because he saved me.

        “Did you know that that village is the place where I’ll conduct my research project but when I came to check it early in the morning, all I saw was this huge explosion and fire!” he said in an amuse voice as he take a bite of cheesecake.

“And then there were you!” He pointed out to me holding the cheesecake. This cheesecake boy is definitely insane. “You were there! All bloody! Then the first thing I’ve thought is to bring you here and treat all your wounds and…” he paused. It seems like he was running of breath. I just watch him talk and didn’t say a word.

I need to go now. My team might be worried.

He was still talking nonsense when I cut him off. “Okay. Okay. Thanks for the saving and stuff. I appreciate it. But I need to go now.” I said as I reach for the front door. But before I could go, he said:

“Well you can always go whenever you want to, but I’m afraid you can’t,” he stopped and pointed his fingers at the window on the left corner near the door. “Right now.”

 I walk closely at the window and gaze unto it. And then I realize what he meant.

I’m stuck. I can’t go with a thunderstorm banging outside. I remembered the reason why we came very early to save Elizabeth. It’s because of this huge storm aiming at the northern Zone 10.

I turn and look at him. He placed the cheesecakes into the table and wiped his hands.

“You can stay here, if you don’t mind. I mean you can’t just leave because of the typhoon. I really wouldn’t let a lady go that way.” He said as he stood near the staircase.

I’ve got no choice. No matter how brave I am, I can’t fight nature’s wrath.

“Where am I?” I asked. Maybe I could just call Henry and he might probably think of a way to get me wherever am I right now.

“Still at Ilagan.” He said. “We’re on my mom’s house.”

“Do you have any phones? I think I can call my family to get me out here.” I said.

“I do have an e-phone.” He said. E-phone. It’s the latest phone model from the Federation. It has holographic features and it’s slim as a paper. I think I saw one like that at the Underground. Great, maybe an e-phone can work.

 “But the communication connection’s down because of the typhoon.”

Ohh great, what a luck. Now I’m really stuck.

        “By the way, have a seat.” He said. He probably has notice that I’m all being tedious standing in front of his silly colorful front door.

Anyway, I accepted the offer.

“I’m Cedrick Vasilyevich.” He smiled and sat the other way around to where I sat.

“Russian.” I whisper in despise. This makes me sick. A Russian in front of me? Urgh. What a bad luck this day had brought in to me.

“So what are you doing there?” he said interfering my thought. “In the village.” He added.

“Why do you ask?” I raised my eyebrows. Don’t cross the line or I’ll kill you, kid.

He just gave out a small laugh. “I’m just curious. Isn’t that wrong?”