Chapter 13# blake

"Blake?"

I turned around to see alexia wobble down the one step we have into the family room. She looked weak and fragile as if the world was on her shoulders.

"Your supposed to be resting.."

She snorted.

"Your not my dad."

"I don't have to be."

She sighed and went to go back to her room waving a hand in the air.

She was just about to fall when i caught her.. our eyes meet and I had to pull away, if I didn't then id be staring at her for ever and make us both fall.

"Blake... I ....."

What you what tell me!! I looked at her, as her face squished together struggling to say what she wanted to.

"Never mind."

Why never mind?

"Are you feeling well?"

"Yes"

"Would you ah.. like to sit by the fire with me and watch a movie?"

"Fire. yes, movie, no, I have a little headache so I might just rest in front of the fire place."

I nodded.

"Okay"

"I'm going to get the hot chocolate."

"I can get it, I don't want to put u through any strain."

She turned around glaring at me.

"I. can. do. it."

"Okay..."

I plopped down on the couch.

When she came over she sat on the other far side. I motioned her over. after hesitating a little but she came over. I grabbed her hand telling her I was here, trying to make her relax.
Her head rested on my lap, I was happy she was with me and that's all I ever want.

"Alexia?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you ah.."

She looked up at me.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

".....yea that would be nice. Need my address?"

We laughed.

"What time love?"

I raised my eyes at her waiting for an answer.

"How's seven?"

"Anytime for you."

And I was being honest. she's finally safe in my arms... as she always will be.