|3|

September 20, 2006

It was a rainy, dark day. Nobody had gone to the library all day due to the weather, which is why Jin allowed Jimin to arrive a little later than usual. But Jimin had not arrived for longer than expected and it worried Jin.

Jin was at the front desk, stacking book after book onto a pile after putting check-out cards back into their pockets. He saw a few pen scratches for a book in particular but assumed it were numbers in case they had lost the book or something that Jimin wrote down to keep track of it. He put the card into it's pocket without a second thought.

While doing so, Jin heard the front entrance door open and he looked up then gasped, eyes wide and mouth agape. There stood Jimin in sweatpants and a grey t-shirt with an angry frown on his face, his entire body damp from the downpour outside.

At first Jin thought Jimin was about to start screaming at him because he seemed absolutely pissed, but to his surprise Jimin bursted out crying, loud sobs leaving his lips as he cupped a hand over his mouth. Jin's eyes softened and he rushed over to his friend, pulling him into a tight hug and caressing the back of his head in a comforting manner.

~

"It's so stupid that we're arguing so much lately, and we're getting married in eight months! Tell me why the fuck would I not care, Taehyung?"

Jimin despised how Taehyung has been picking fights with him for the smallest things lately. If Jimin forgets to pick up his plate after dinner, Taehyung would go on a huge rampage on why Jimin doesn't love him. If Jimin got home late by ten minutes, Taehyung would accuse Jimin of cheating on him. Taehyung has been extremely sensitive lately and Jimin really didn't understand why.

Right now Taehyung was accusing Jimin of not caring about his job in the office. Taehyung cared deeply about his artwork and Jimin knew that but suddenly Taehyung snapped at Jimin and said Jimin didn't care at all. Jimin knew how passionate Taehyung was about his work and he adored it, so Jimin was greatly confused with this accusation. He didn't even understand how this topic was brought up in the first place.

As Jimin held his phone against his cheek while he stood against a tree, he felt his insides twist when Taehyung replied saying he had enough of this. He sounded angry again, and Jimin always tried to console him with loving words, but at this point Jimin was getting mad as well.

Jimin was on his way to the library but as soon as Taehyung ended the call, Jimin felt uneasy. He felt the need to give Taehyung a hug and apologize, even though he did absolutely nothing wrong.

Jimin bit his lip, rubbing his hands over his face before letting out a groan and getting on his bike again and going the opposite way from the library; Taehyung's apartment. He needed to go and apologize to Taehyung to solve all of this before it got any worse.

But things had gotten worse without Jimin knowing.

As Jimin arrived, he looked up at the sky and heard thundering. Cursing under his breath, he placed his bike down quickly and walked up the steps with a fast stride, wanting to get this over with and get to the library before the weather got bad.

He took out a chain that had his keys to his apartment, keys to the library, and keys to Taehyung's home. He quickly took the last keys in his fingers and placed it in the keyhole, sighing in relief when the door opened slowly. Jimin entered the home quietly, not knowing if Taehyung had tried to go to sleep after their argument or not. He looked around and realized Taehyung wasn't around, but then heard noise from across the hallway and figured Taehyung was in his room.

Jimin walked towards Taehyung's room and opened the door but then dropped his keys to the floor, standing still.

Taehyung's head snapped towards the direction that the door had clicked open and his eyes widened, pushing off a brown-haired boy he had on his lap that he was just making out with, both shirtless, blushing and panting.