|7|

3 Months Later

"Jimin?"

"Hyung, Yoongi has really disappeared, hasn't he?" Jimin said into the phone. He heard Jin sigh from the other side. "It's been almost three months, why do you think he hasn't been by?"

Jimin was sitting on a bench in the park a few blocks away from his apartment. He decided to have a short stroll with his bike on his day off today, but felt lonesome once realizing he had no one else to spend his time with. With that in mind, he decided to ring up Jin.

"He's probably busy with work, Jimin. Why don't you try calling him?" Jin hummed out.

"I— I don't have his number." Jimin responded. Jimin heard his older friend click his tongue. "So frustrating. You guys are taking 'playing hard to get' to a whole new level, huh?"

Jimin stayed quiet and started playing with a loose string dangling from his sweater as Jin continued speaking on the phone. "How many years have you been seeing each other now? Christ, next time I see him I'll be sure to ask for his number for you."

"No don't do that," Jimin said, quickly. "I've decided.. Next time I see him, I'm going to tell him how I feel."

Jin smiled on the other line. "As you should! I'll be right there supporting you." Jin exclaimed. Jimin chuckled lightly, feeling his cheeks heat up at just the thought of Yoongi. He bid his farewell to Jin and ended the call, standing up from the bench.

As Jimin was about to climb onto his bike, he felt a small tap on his shoulder. He turned around quickly and stilled when seeing who it was, the boy with soft brown locks smiling hesitantly with shyness. "I– uhm, I saw you were around and just thought I'd stop by and say hi." He said, twiddling his fingers.

Jimin hummed, lips pursing into a straight line as he looked at the boy from head to toe. "Well, are you going to say hi then?" Jimin mumbled, tilting his head to the side.

The other boy squeaked out a nervous chuckle with a blush. "Ah yes, hello hyung."

"Then hello to you too, Jeon Jungkook." Jimin responded, crossing his arms. "Is that all then? I must be going."

Jungkook's eyes shook as he hesitated before speaking. "No, I actually wanted to... Apologize?"

"It sounds more like you're asking me if you should apologize or not-"

"No!" Jungkook denied. "No I didn't mean it like that, I'm just a bit nervous, 's all.."

Jimin raised an eyebrow and Jungkook looked down, letting out a sigh. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? And I know it's somewhat late now, considering this happened years ago, but I— I just miss you."

Jimin quirked an eyebrow at the boy with sad eyes. "You miss me?" Jimin questioned. Jungkook nodded with a blush. "I-I mean, we used to be friends I think? A-And I miss having small talks with you and going out to buy banana milk at the gas station, remember that?" He squeaked.

Jimin couldn't help but let a small smile graze his face as he let the younger boy spill out words. "Of course I do buddy, I missed you too." Jimin said. He saw Jungkook visibly relax his shoulders. "Thank god, I thought you'd break my neck or something."

"I mean I still could."

"That's hot."

Jimin and Jungkook both bursted out giggling as a tension that was between them slowly evaporated into the thin air. With Jungkook now in a happy and relaxed mood, he smiled fondly at the older male before him and spoke sincerely. "I really am sorry for what happened though. It was stupid of me and I shouldn't have done it and I'm a terrible person for doing so."