Getting close

VIRAT KOHLI

I was stunned after knowing the truth.I went to Sanjana's office and I came to know what all had happened.She lost her job just because of me.That CD wouldn't have made a big difference as every news made such headlines.But did she do all this for me? Several questions were roaming in my mind and I needed their answers now.I took a look at the clock and it was 11:45.My mind suggested that I should go and meet her tomorrow but my heart was not at rest.I took the keys of my car and drove my way to her apartment.It was raining then.The weather in Delhi was changing.It was ending days of October.All my way to her house,I thought about her.She was fierce,she was strong,she wasn't simple,she was crazy,she always had something to say.She had flaws but that was okay,and when she was down,she got right back up,she was a beast in her own way,but one idea described her the best,she was unstoppable and took anything she wanted with a smile.I wanted to know her answer to what was the reason behind all this.I reached.It was 12 then,the roads were empty and no one was around.I came out of the car.The rain got a bit heavy.I didn't knew what apartment or floor she lived.I looked up and saw a girl standing in her balcony with her eyes closed.It was dark but I could see her face as the light was falling on her face from a nearby hoarding.It was that cute face which had me restless since the time I've met her.She opened her eyes and looked down.Maybe she didn't recognize me as it was dark down.I waved my hand and screamed,'Sanjana!'.She went inside and in no time I saw her standing in front of me.

'What are you doing here?' She aksed me,completely confused.

'Why did you do all this?' I asked.

'I am sorry Virat.I had no intention of hurting you trust me' She said as I took a step further towards her.

'I trust you' I said and smiled.

'You do?' She asked.

'I know everything,so just answer me' I said.

'You know?' She asked as her lips formed a pefect 'O'.

'I am here to ask questions and you need to answer them,so stop asking me questions' I said.

'Okay' She said as her head was scrolling through the surroundings.

'Why did you do all this?' I asked in a very low tone.

'Because it was wrong and I stood up for the right thing,I suppose' She said.

'But you lost your job for this' I said.

'I don't know anything all I know that I couldn't let anything happen to ..' She said and stopped.

'To?' I asked.

'Look Sanjana,we as players don't have control on what happens off the field.If your news channel didn't show it some other will.We just have to ignore these sort of things' I told her.

'I don't know! If I can do anything for you,I'll do it' She said as she turned her head away.

I smiled a bit.

'Thank you' I said.

'And don't think I did all this because of you,I did it because it was wrong,okay' She said trying to cover up the former.

'Fine' I said and smiled.

She made me smile when she talked.She had innocence in her talks.There was silence between the two of us but it was not awkward.The rain got a bit heavy by then.We rushed towards a park adjacent to her building and stood under a tree.

'I thought you would hate me' She said as she looked into my eyes.

'I knew you could never do this kind of thing' I said.