I'm there for you

VIRAT KOHLI

We had the last group match tomorrow and if we lose we were out of the Triangular series.I was under pressure as I didn't perform in the last three matches.We did some practise and came back to the hotel.I felt bad for what happened yesterday as my friend said so much to Sanjana.But at the end it all got sorted out.This girl was on my mind since the time I got to know her.It was evening time and I went down near the pool for sometime.I saw a girl,she was on phone and shouting.

'I need everything to be done on time,no mistakes please it is a very important day,it's the engagement' She said.

Sanjana it was.But whose engagement,I thought?

'Okay thank you' She said and cut the call.She turned back and looked superhappy.She looked at me all excited.

'Viraaat!' She exclaimed.

'Hey' I said.

'Hy' She said.

'You look quite happy' I said.

'I am!!! actually...' She was talking as Neha came and iterrupted her.

'Let's go for the dinner' Neha said.

She looked at me and said,'Hy Virat'.

'Hey' I said to her.

'Bye Virat' Sanjana said.

I was talking to her and she just went away without even answering me.And what was the engagement thing? Was she ignoring me? I was standing there with all these thoughts in my mind and a hand reached my shoulder.I looked and it was Sanjana.

'Good luck for the match tomorrow' She said and went.

I had a smile on my face like this was what I wanted to hear.All those thoughts about her ignoring me were at rest but the engagement ones were still wandering around.

SANJANA KUMAR  

Today was the last stage match and everybody was too excited for it.We reached the stadium early as the teams were practising.I was near the boundary ropes talking to an ex-Indian player.He went aftertime and I stood near the boundary rope watching my man training hard.He was busy with his practise.Everytime I laughed I hope he's watching.Not so that he sees that I'm happy but that maybe,just maybe he'll fall for my smile just as hard I fell for his.I saw Neha sitting at the stands and waved at her.I was going towards her as the football with which the boys were playing hit me hard on my hand.It was cold at that time of the year in Australia.The first person I saw rushing towards me was Virat.His face was filled with concern.He rubbed my hand as fast as he could.He held my hand between his hands.

'I'm fine Virat' I said.

'Don't you see while walking?' He said much loud.

Everybody looked at us,but he seemed to no care.

'I..' I said as Virat stopped me.

'Shut up and just sit here quietly' He said and the team's doctor tied a band aid at my hand.

'Take care' He said and went. 

What was this guy? So authoritative yet so agreeable at the same point.

The match got started and Sri Lanka scored 250.It was a gettable target and we needed to chase it otherwise we were going back home.

Virat was batting and he hit the ball for a six.I popped out of her seat and screamed to the loudest of my voice.

'It's his first six of the series,yayyyyyy!' I shouted.

His joy was my joy.I even cheared the single he took that day.Virat got out cheaply again and my face had all kind of dejection on it.Virat walked back to the pavillion with his head down.India lost the match and the hopes qualifying to the final were gone.It was a dissapointing end as we started with quite a promise.I then went for the press conference.