Entry #5: Burning & Ooze

[Dated: 18 February 2019, Monday.]

"Don't go."

"I can't because—"

"Because what?"

Kai looked down. "We need to find Seven and the others as soon as possible. I can't let you stay here any longer."

"And instead you leave me?" I shook my head in disbelief. "I thought you were going to protect me. You said you were going to be there for me."

When I awoke from my sleep, I had caught Kai walking away from my bed with her bag slung over her back.

"Kai? Where are you going?" I rubbed my drowsy eyes. Little did I know Kai wanted to make a quiet exit, but failed.

"I will be here for you!"

"That's not what you had implied!"

The blonde's baby blue eyes gazed into mine apologetically before I looked away angrily. "Just. . . Let me explain." When I turned back, I almost gasped. Kai's eye bags and her hair was messier than my bed hair. Her nose, cheeks and lips were pinkish looking. Her hunched shoulders and back indicated that she was extremely tired and lacked sleep. She ran a hand through her unkempt hair.

"Fine, maybe I haven't been completely honest with you but—" Kai pressed a finger against her temple— "I only came last night to make a temporary visit. I want to stay, trust me, I really do, but I just. . . Just can't—" She swayed dangerously close to me and fell to her knees.

"Kai!" I moved forward to support her weight. Her body went limp all of a sudden. Lowering her onto my pillow, I felt her forehead.

"You're burning up! I. . ." I searched for a clean cloth, dipped it in cold water, squeezed the excess, and gently laid it on her forehead. Kai groaned in response.

"(Y/—"

"Just shut up, would you?" I burst out. She smirked and raised a hand to touch my cheek.

"Help me up."

"But you need to re—"

"You don't think I know that?" She grunted before falling back onto her pillow when she tried to get up. She groaned louder.

"Stop moving. You won't get any better if you keep pushing yourself," I said softly. When there was no response I shifted closer. "Kai?"

"Well, I'm resting. Just as you wanted," one blue eye opened. I put a hand to her neck, feeling the sudden rise in Kai's body temperature. Kai then took my hand and placed it at her heart.

"(Y/N). . ." This time, I helped the blonde sit up, whilst she kept my hand to her chest. She opened her mouth to say something then closed it. Instead, she pulled me, with as much energy as she could muster, and rested her head on my shoulder. All the while keeping my hand in place. Her breathing tickled my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"You're so warm," Kai mumbled.

"Says the one," I remarked.

She wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me. I simply reciprocated the action. And for the second time today, I had to bare Kai's weight as she pulled me down with her. I yelped.

"You know, I've always watched you. Like the others. But I never thought I could help you in any way imaginable. Or receive the help," Kai said and snuggled into the crook of my neck, sending even more shivers down my body. And for the first time in forever, I blushed. I petted Kai's surprisingly soft hair and played with the ends. My eyelids grew heavy and eventually I drifted off, still embracing a burning Kai.