Chapter 16

I sat up as I woke from my captivating dream. It wasn't a good one though. The alarm bell rang as walkers sounded and banged against the school walls and gate. Herds were passing by more often now. I still couldn't help. Too many bad memories keep me from being able to help. I just... freeze.
After gun shots were silenced and walkers stopped gurgling I walked out to the courtyard.
"They are all gone y/n. Don't worry." Ruby comforted. I watched as everyone dragged the walkers bodies to the back where they let them rot. I watched as a walkers head turned and it's rotting face looked at me.
I shivered and goosebumps scaled my arms as flashbacks sounded in my head.
I shook my head and sighed. I turned and walked back in slowly. I just can't face it. I walked in and helped ruby with dinner.
We were silent while I cut and she boiled, then she spoke.
"Can you tell me why you can't stand walkers?"
I shook my head no, refusing to even think about it.
"Can you tell me why you and Louis haven't been talking?" My heart stung as she asked that question.
"It's a long story." I half whispered.
"Well we got time." She shrugged.
"I just... i have mixed feelings for him. He's cute and funny and really caring and I want to be around him but.."
"Buuutttt???" She insisted.
"I just don't know if my feelings are actual feelings or me just trying to have some type of love in my life. I just don't want to mistake lust for love."
"I get that. But I can tell he loves you. He does, talks about you all the time when he can and when he gets made fun of he turns red and denies it. He's got it bad for you."
I blush and my heart skips.
"I can tell you like him too. I can just feel it."
I smile and look at her.
"Thanks ruby."
"No problem. Oh once you're done with those, Mitch needs your help in the garden."
"Okay." I finished up chopping and added it to the soup and walked out. I walked to the garden and opened the door.
"Mitch?" I asked as I couldn't see him.
"Mitch? You in here?"
I heard shuffling from the back room so I walked over and opened it. I peered around the corner and my heart sunk.
A walker.
I froze as it turned toward me. It walked slowly but I was paralyzed in fear. It walked over and grabbed onto me. I screamed louder then I ever have. I couldn't move but tried to get it off of me.

Louis's pov
I was inside, on the piano, playing and thinking about her. Y/n. She hadn't talked to me for days and avoided me at all costs. Maybe I shouldn't have kissed her. Maybe it was wrong. I was writing down notes when I heard a blood curdling scream. Y/n. I slammed the doors open, I ran out into the courtyard as fast as I could. I grabbed my bow and loaded it as I kicked the door open and shot the walker that was standing over y/n.

Your pov
Soon the door slammed open and someone shot the walker in the head. I heard the crack and blood splattered everywhere. The walker fell off of me and I was still frozen in terror. The person who shot it walked over and wrapped me in their arms.
"Come on, let's go get you calmed down."
It was Louis.
I cling to him as I shook. He walked me back to the tables outside and sat me down. I was still in shock.
"Hey hey, you're okay. No walkers are gonna hurt you. Come on. Tell me what happened."
"I-i was trying to find Mitch in the garden and then I heard rustling. I walked in and the-the-the thing looked at me a-and I froze. As soon as I saw him on top of me I couldn't. I screamed and that's when you showed up."
"Wow. Yeah that would be scary."
"It was."
"Well, you're alive right? No bites?" He asked. I checked myself and confirmed that I was in fact okay.
"Good. Now why don't you go get some dinner and calm down. I think you've had enough excitement for one day."