TWO

He ran his finger over the rough worn out edges and the soft plastic surface. Its creases slid under his finger as he tried to form a picture of it in his mind.

What he held in his hand was he's most valued posession; a picture of his long lost love. He had never known her name or even her age, but he knew her touch and their memories.

They were sweet memories from back when he could see. She had had pale blonde hair and large blue eyes. Her figure had been like an hourglass and her lips had been full and smooth. They had met when he had first moved here.

Back when he could see..... when he could see.

~~*~~

He was nineteen and already tired of life. He stared out the window of his mom's car as she drove up the driveway of their new home.

"Are you excited?" She asked with a smile

"Not really." He mumbled dryly.

"I know you miss your father; I miss him too." Her tone held a pain that he knew now, would never leave. "But here and now is when we can start moving on. This is our fresh start."

He only rolled his eyes and jumped out into the warm sun once she had parked. The movers began unloading their stuff from the truck and he decided to look around.

Look around, crazy how someone could do that without thinking a thing about it.

He walked deeper into the woods and accidentally came upon another house. He stayed out of view and was about to turn to leave when suddenly she came walking out of the front door with a large box in her arms.

She was gorgeous. As she walked her movements made her seem light as a feather; so graceful and carefree. When she turned around he slipped closer to a near by tree. He curiously watched her for a few minutes longer before he turned and walked back home.

That night he laid in bed feeling both physically and emotionally worn out. Just as his eyes were starting to driff shut, he heard a tap at his window. Sitting up, he stared at the moonlight pouring through the window before seeing a small rock tap the glass again.

He went over and as he opened it another rock hit his forehead. He jerked and ended up slamming the back of his head against the window frame. Laughter filled the air, and when he looked back out the girl from across the woods was climbing the lattice on the house to reach the roof. He stepped out his window and on the roof to meet her. When she joined him she was still laughing.

"That hurt." He said.

Her smile was full of pleasure. "It was the funniest thing I've ever seen." Her country draw was a lot thicker than his.

He rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

She crossed her arms growing serious. "I should be asking you the same."

"What do you mean?"

"Why were you watching me like a weirdo today?"

He felt heat rush up his neck. "I didn't know you saw me."

"Well, I did and I thought you would come over and say hi, but you just watched."

"Well, why didn't you say hi?" He asked.

"'Cause the guy should always make the first move. That's a state law here in Kentucky." She joked.

Jae stared at her for a moment before smiling. "I'll remember that. What's your name?"

She looked away and her smile disappeared. "Name's don't really matter, you can call me...." she looked around before her eyes looked up to the star filled sky. "You can call me Star."