Chapter 13

After Ed’s call I started to cry, and cry, and cry till I felt asleep. When I woke up I remembered I had to call my stepbrother and Cassandra to tell them  I wasn’t in the city. Of course Adam was always there just in case I decided to say something else. I didn’t know what was going to happen next, but my mind needed to start thinking about something to escape. Every time Adam went to sleep I couldn’t stop staring at the room, every detail, I needed to find something. One of my ideas was taking my mobile phone and edit the number of someone for the police’s one but he took my mobile phone off and he controlled me all the time, so it was impossible. Another of was trying to seduce Adam (which wasn’t too difficult) and try to put him the handcuffs while he was laying on bed and call the police.

It had been a month since I was there.  At least I convinced Adam to take a shower without his supervision. The most important thing was that I missed Ed. More than anything and he hated me, I was sure. I destroyed his life again but I did it to protect him. I decided my plan to start in that moment.

-Adam, I’m so fucking bored here. I thought you told me I was yours, not your slave. We can see a film if you want, like in the old times, with nachos, beers and that stuff. I’m not going anywhere or do anything, I promise. 

And that’s how I started,  Adam trusted me again. I could walk every  half an hour but just for 10 minutes. Sometimes we watched a film, saw the news, sometimes I let him to kiss me, which was the most horrible thing but at least he trusted me. He didn’t ask for sex, thanks God. I think he was just happy having me by his side. Although I knew  he was going to ask for that  soon, that’s why I needed to hurry up.

-I’m going to buy some food, be back in 15 minutes.

-Adam! Wait. Could you please take the handcuffs off? I need to walk…please.-He loved when I begged him. – Please…you can lock the door and take the mobile phones, if you want. But I really need to walk and probably take a shower. –he thought about that for some minutes, then nodded and took me the handcuffs, as an answer I hugged him because I knew he would like it. Stupid guy.

After he went outside, I waited 2 minutes for him to leave the building and I began running around the house, looking for the papers, which I saw last time while we were watching a film. I found a pen and started writing some messages of help, I just had 5 minutes left. I did quickly some paper planes and threw them through the window. Please someone find it, please.

-Hi.-I smiled, sat on the couch.

-Hello baby. –he went to the room where I was, to check that everything was okay I guess.- NIKKI WHY THE FUCK IS THE WINDOW OPEN??

-What?

Fuck.

-THE WINDOW IS OPENED. WERE YOU TRYING TO ESCAPE? –he took me squeezing my arm and beat me on my stomach and on my cheek. I shouted because of the pain and he pushed me against the pipes, covering my mouth and putting a handcuff in one of my wrist.

Next morning when I woke up I went to the bathroom, because I begged Adam I needed to go, and he followed me and I had to pee with the fucking  opened door.  But I could see myself at the mirror and I had a terrible bruise on my left cheek. Then again he took me to my usual place. It was 3 o’clock when someone knocked on the door. Adam closed the door of my bedroom telling me that I had to be quiet. When he opened the door I could hear:

-Police of London. Are you Mr. Clark? Adam Clark?

-Yes. Why?

-A couple have found out this note.-It was my opportunity. I had to shout with all my forces.

-HELP!!!! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!! HEELP!

-What’s that?? Ben, stay with the guy.-I kept shouting and the police got into the room in about 2 seconds.- Oh holy shit. Are you okay? –and I can’t remember anything else because I fainted.