Chapter 35

"Did you bring the jar?" Gwen asked.

"Yep," I said, holding up a jar of black liquid.

"Great," she said, then sat in the passenger seat. I cranked up Aunt May's car and backed out of the parking lot.

"So why are we in a car this time?" Gwen asked, smirking.

I laughed. "I though it was about time to become a good driver." I hadn't driven a car in months. The controls felt odd, but I slowly grew used to them again. "I need to get good at driving a real car before I get my motorcycle." I turned a sharp left.

"Your motorcycle?" Gwen raised an eyebrow.

"Yep. I've always wanted to drive one."

"Then you're definitely going to need a lot of practice."

"Nah. I'm going to get it next week."

"Peter!"

"What? Do you want to drive it or something?"

"Those things are pretty dangerous. Driving one with no practice is like committing suicide."

I slowed the car to a stop, waiting at the traffic light. A hint of impatience swirled through my veins; Spider-Man wouldn't have to wait for a stupid traffic light.

I tapped Gwen's nose twice. "I think you're forgetting something."

"Just because you're Spider-Man doesn't mean that you can drive a motorcycle," Gwen muttered playfully.

"So you're saying I can't drive a bicycle with a motor attached to it." The light turned green, and I tapped the gas with my right foot.

"Yes."

"Well you can't either."

"I know that."

"So what gives you the authority to tell me that I can't, if you can't?"

"Peter, you're not getting anywhere in this argument."

"Maybe not, but I sure am enjoying it." I grinned at her.

"Whatever. But seriously...don't kill yourself. You will..."

"I'm going to drive my motorcycle! End of story."

Gwen sighed.

"Don't even think about messing with it either. Unless you want to be riding my skateboard." I gave her an accusing look.

"That's actually a better alternative than your motorcycle. At least you can ride that..."

"Enough. It's useless talking to you."

"How is..."

"Nope! Not one more word!"

"Peter."

"My name is not an exception. Say anything else and I will throw you on the sidewalk."

Gwen just looked at me, amused, but she never said anything else. We were silent for another minute, then we both exploded into laughter. I slammed my forehead into the steering wheel to be dramatic, accidentally honking the horn.

We laughed even harder.