Epilogue

Several months later...

"So you finally took down Ravencroft?"  Gwen asked as I walked in.  For the past week, I, alongside the Avengers, had been after the people of Ravencroft.  Harry had been right.  They had extracted his disease and had created a plague.  They had almost released it out to the city, if we hadn't have stopped them.

"Yes," I replied.  "We did."  She smiled with approval.  I took her hands in mine, brushing her engagement ring on her left finger with my thumb, then gave her a light kiss.

"Good," she whispered against my lips.  "Because I've got some work for you."  We broke apart.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah.  Harry left you some paperwork to sign.  Since both of you are now co-owners of Oscorp, both of you have to sign it."

I glanced at the stack of papers on her desk, letting out a sigh.  "Maybe he should have appointed you as his co-owner instead of his assistant so you would be signing all of his papers instead." 

Gwen laughed.  "Maybe."

"Peter!"  I heard someone shout.  I released Gwen's hands reluctantly, then opened the door.  An Oscorp employee stood on the other side.  "Someone is here to see you."  She backed away, revealing an old friend.

"Flash," I said. 

"Hey, man!"  He said.  "I thought I'd pay you a visit.  It's been awhile."

"It sure has.  So, what's going on?"

"I got my Associate's Degree."

"That's awesome!"

"Yep, and I heard that someone is getting married."  He smirked, tipping his head so he could see past me.  Gwen grinned, then came over to talk.  I wrapped my arm around her.

"Maybe."

Gwen glared at me playfully.  Lance had visited the day before to deliver the same message.  Funny how your worst school-enemies can become your best friends.

"Congratulations, man!"

"Thanks."

"I'm going to be back in town for a while."

"Really?  My aunt is fixing a nice dinner tonight, and several people are already coming," I said.  I had already invited Gwen, Harry, and Lance.  "You should come."

"Sounds tempting.  What is she cooking?"

"Meatloaf."

"That's it.  I'm in."

"They're all going to be really sad when they find out that her meatloaf is terrible," Gwen whispered into my ear.

"Hey!  I like it," I whispered back.  She squinted her eyes at me, and I poked her cute little nose.  She giggled.