I miss you daddy

A single tear dropped out of my eye as I watched my father get put into the ground, I looked my to see my mother crying, I tried reaching for her hand but she moved away from me. Leave me standing here all alone watching my own father get put in the ground.

I looked around to see my best friend looking at me as he smiled sadly, I plastered a fake smile on my face as I smiled back. I saw all these weird people in coats and hats I think...they was army people that's what I heard someone say anyway...

"The daughter of Mr Clerks would you like to say some words?" I looked up seeing all eyes on me, I don't know what to say, I didn't plan for this. I nodded anyway and began walking to a little mike thingy, I shuffled on my feat as I began talking like no one was watching me.

"My daddy went to war, he promise he would be back for my birthday, he said he would visit and buy me everything I wanted, but I didn't want nothing. I want my daddy while he told me to blow out my candles and gave me the biggest hug ever!" I heared some soft chuckles and sniffles

"He usto call me 'His princess' I don't like it when people call me that now because I just think that I am replacing him, which I would never do. I keep looking at the stars at night because daddy told me too whenever I am scared or had a bad dream too just star up at the stars and count them"

I took a deep breathe as I said the next part "I am going to sing a song... A song my daddy always sang to me at night" I took a deep breathe as a few more tears slipped from my eyes as I stared directly as my father's picture placed on his grave from when he was smiling on my birthday holding me up to the candles to blow them out.

"Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly

Birds fly over the rainbow, why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can't I?"

~.~.~ FLASHBACK OVER

I holded my father's army jacket close to my body as I cuddled it, I heard my mother shuffle around downstairs as my heart rate picked up as I heard her feet come upstairs. I let a few more tears slip out as I quickly wiped them away once I heard my door bang open.

"I miss you daddy" I whispered.

My mother grabbed me by my hair pulling me up to my feet "HAVEN'T I ALREADY TOLD YOU, TO CHUCK THAT THING AWAY" she said pointing towards my father's jacket, I looked at her wide eyed as she grabbed it and went downstairs.

I followed after her thinking she is going to do something stupid, I took a sharp intake as she grabbed the scissors "Mum, no please" but I was too late. She cut my fathers jacket, the only think I had left off his.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as she walked past me too her bedroom, probably passing out on her bed. I looked down to see my fathers jacket ripped up to shreds, I fell on my knees as I picked up what was left off the jacket and began to rock back and forth while singing hes favourite song..

"Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly

Birds fly over the rainbow, why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can't I?"