Just The Start

"Alie! Come down stairs now!!" I hear my mom scream excitedly.

"Be down in a minute! I got to finish my song!" I yell back.

"Don't worry about that right now! The letter came!" My mom said.

"Oh my gosh! Be there in a second!!" I yell happily. I recently sent a letter to the manager of Bruno Mars stating that my dream was to write and preform music, just like Bruno, I even sent a copy of a song I had wrote just for Bruno. I sent the letter a month ago and was nervously waiting for a reply, even though most time there is none.

     Running down the stairs so many questions were going through my mind like did they like the song? Had Bruno listened to it? Did they think I was just some crazed fan, just wanting to spend a second with Bruno? Will they let me come see what it's like to write and preform?

    I got to the bottom of the stairs just as mom started down the hallway to me.

"Here! Open it before I do!" Mom said. I quickly ripped the top apart and tried to get the letter out as fast as I could. I unfolded the sheets of paper and read as quick as I could.

      "Dear Alie, this is Bruno. I am very delighted to hear another person is interested in doing music for a career choice! My manager, Phil Lawrence, Eric Hernandez, and myself listened to your demo, I am glad to say everyone enjoyed it and thought it could very well be a hit song. I would love to have you fly out here to help write a new song with me. There are two plane tickets in the envelope. A hotel has a seven day six night stay reserved for you.  

                                     Sincerely, Bruno Mars"