Travel Time

Alabama is pretty far away from L.A. so I was pretty relived when I read we were flying, the trip was in four days, so I went and started packing right away. My mom made sure to put the plane tickets in a safe place where she would remember them.

    I don't think I've ever been more exiceted for anything, I get to meet Bruno Mars, I get to experience how professionals write music, and maybe get my name out there as a upcoming artist or writer, plus we don't have to pay for much of anything.

    Those four days seemed like a whole year, I wasn't able to focus on anything but the trip, wondering what it would be like, how it would go. Good thing it's summer and I don't have to worry about school.

   The day had come, my mom and me were suprised when a black limo showed up, compliments of Bruno Mars. We put our luggage in the trunk, and got in.

"I can't believe this is really happening!" I told my mom.

"Believe it honey, you worked hard and had courage to even send the letter in. Most people wouldn't do that! But you did, that's why this is happening!" She told me.

     It was a hour long drive to the airport where me and my mother, waited for our 9:30 flight to L.A., we boarded the plane, put our luggage in the holders and got ready for takeoff.   

"This is the captain speaking, we are fixing to take off, buckle your seat belts and turn off all electronic devices." I turned my phone and computer off, and buckled the seat belt like the captain had said to do, then waited for the plane to fly.

     The plane started to take off, I had the window seat thank goodness, I haven't ever flown before so I was pretty anxious to see how this would turn out. I watched out the window as the ground got smaller, we went above and through clouds. I don't know how long the plane ride was, I was too busy working on the song I had started to write as soon as I found out we were going to L.A., I had my earbuds in mixing beats, adding guitar riffs, and piano. I wonder how Bruno writes his songs.

"We are going to be landing in Los Angelous in ten minutes, please buckle your seat belts and turn off all electronic devices, thank you for flying with American Airlines."

    This is it, we're landing, my future or the worst thing ever is so close to me, it makes me sick, nervous sick. But I can't change my mind now, like mom said, I had the courage to do this, I'm not just going let this opportunity pass me by.