Talk With Bruno

I walked over to the cooler where the drinks were.

"I can tell you're a little nervous. Just be yourself and don't worry, I don't know what Bruno's going to ask you, but all you need to do is be honest and be yourself and he'll be impressed." Phil whispered to me.

"Thanks for the advice. I got a question." I asked Phil.

"I got an answer." Phil said laughing.

"What did you guys mean by good addition to the team?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that, that's Bruno's job. But don't worry it's a good thing!" Phil said walking away.

Well then. Now I'm even more nervous. I grabbed two bottles of water and walked over to Bruno, I hope he can't see the worried look on my face.

"You're nervous aren't you?" Bruno asked.

Well crap I guess he can see the look on my face.

"A little." I said laughing, handing him a water.

We started walking down the beach, it was already evening. The beach is so gorgeous right now, the sky turning a red color and it getting cooler, a nice breeze blowing my hair around.

"You don't have to be nervous, I just wanted to talk privately." Bruno said.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?" I asked still nervous.

"I wanted to ask you a couple questions. First, is music your true passion? Or just a hobby?" Bruno asked looking at me.

"Music is my passion, I grew up with music. I've been performing since I was eight, learned how play guitar and piano when I was 12. I've done a few gigs at partys and festivals, but I've never done anything like this." I said.

"That's awesome! I preformed when I was little too. I'm glad my manager let me bring you here to help write. I listened to your demo and loved it, did you write that by yourself or did you have help?" Bruno asked. I can't believe he loved my demo!

"I wrote it, but my mom approved it before I sent it in, I still can't believe you guys let me come up here! There wasn't a contest or anything so I knew I probably wouldn't get an answer, but I did and I'm glad." I told him.

"Wow that's awesome, not many people can do that without help. I have to get Phil to help me with my songs. Well most of them." Bruno said.

"I did have a writing partener but she moved here and I lost touch with her." I told Bruno.

"Really?! What's her name?" Bruno asked eagerly.

"Maria Hayes, we were best friends, played volleyball together, even preformed together a little. But her mom got a job here so she had to move and it was the end of that." I said sadly.

"Well if you want we can get you another writing partener." Bruno said.

"That'd be awesome! Thanks!" I said happily. Bruno's phone buzzed, he looked at it.

"It's Phil, he said we need to go if were gonna make it to Dominos before it closes." He told me.

"Well lets go I'm starving!" I said laughing.

"Okay but I got one more question." Bruno said seriously.

"Yea?" I asked.

"Would you and your mom like to stay up here a few more months?" Bruno asked.