Chapter One

*A/N* HEYYY GUYSSS! This is one of my first stories and I hope you enjoy it! I got the inspiration of loads of stories I was reading about one direction being dads and stuff, but only a few of them were interesting to read and updated regularly. I love reading stories about them being dads and about children so I wanted to write a book and about that, which also updated regularly! So, hope you enjoy reading! *A/N*

*Harry’s POV*

“Everyone in the car now,” I shouted as I slammed the boot of my range rover shut. Slowly but surely Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn all trudged out of the house and into the car. Today was a big day for one direction, we were on our way to the local orphanage to adopt or foster a child. Originally it was management’s idea but all of us boys grew to the idea and we’re really excited to pick up a new member of the 1D family!

“Have you locked the house?” Liam started, causing Zayn and Niall to groan because we knew this was the start of daddy directions twenty questions; but me being me just decided to set off anyway.

“Teddy bear?”

“Check!” Lou shouted happily as he produced the huge light brown teddy from his back.

“Paperwork?”

“Check!”

This so called ‘game’ went on for twenty minutes before we finally arrived at the orphanage!

After we all raced out the car and stumbled into the orphanage, we left it for Liam to do the speaking, daddy direction would know best. I mumbled to Louis about a few off the kids I could see in what appeared to be the living room area and he replied with a few nods or ‘yeahs’. As I was scanning the room, I came across the cutest little boy in the world. He had dirty blonde hair swept across his forehead and messy on top, he was wearing some baseball shorts which were most likely made white but was now a horrible grey colour and he had on a dark blue t-shirt which had holes and lots of horrible stains on it. But looking past his disgusting clothes, he had the most beautiful eyes in the whole world. They were piercing blue, abit like Niall’s, but they were so white as well. He was staring around the room, looking at other people playing and doing things; but I could tell he had tears in his eyes. I really needed to find out more about this little guy.

“Harry. Harry. HARRY,” Louis shouted at me taking me out of this trance about the beautiful boy in the orphanage.

“What?” I mumbled in response.

“Are you alright? You kind of zoned out…” Zayn asked as he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

“…yeah…I’m fine…I just really want to get in there and meet the kids now…” I stuttered, not sure if they would believe it or not. The truth was that I needed to find out more about the little boy, I hadn’t even spoken to him yet and I wanted to protect him and love him.

“Well you can go in now, feel free to talk to them and play with them, and you can stay as long as you like. Come and find me when you find a child you want to adopt. Have a nice day!” the worker called as she strutted away in her massive heels.

We all headed into the room, and agreed to split up and when we find a child we like to bring them to everyone else. I immediately went left as soon as I walked through the door; making my way to the boy who had been on my mind since I set eyes on him. And, sure enough, there he was playing with his tiny fingers whilst looking at the plain white wall. I didn’t want to scare him, so I slowly approached him until he turned his little head in my direction. Once he noticed me, he seemed to move further into the corner of the room but I decided to ignore that, and I went and sat crossed legged in front of him.

“Hello” I said quietly, I didn’t want to scare him. The only response I got was a confused stare, I guess he wasn’t use to communicating.

“My name’s Harry, what’s your name?” I whispered, putting my hand around one side of my mouth (like you do when your playing Chinese whispers) pretending to make sure no one else heard our conversation. The little boy leant forward, so his forehead was touching mine, and put his tiny hand against his mouth like me and replied:

“My name’s Josh, Howwiy,” with an innocent giggle. He was so adorable and the way he couldn’t pronounce my name right made me giggle too!

“Well Josh, would you like to meet my friends?” I asked as I pulled him onto my lap. This time Josh didn’t respond, he just nodded very vigorously. I laughed at his cute enthusiasm and picked him up, resting his tiny legs on my hip as I made my way over to Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall.

*A/N* Hope you liked the first chapter! Please give me feedback by commenting at the bottom of the page. I’ll make sure to reply to every comment so please give me your feedback whether its good, bad or ugly;)! If you want my next update you’re going to have to comment! So GO GO GO! Hope you liked the story;D *A/N*