31: First Kiss

Mr. Vice raises his eyebrows, almost like he doesn't entirely believe that Natara didn't try to intentionally poison him. And even though he swore, he doesn't even really seem that angry about it. He even joked with her, saying she had perfectly good reason to poison her after everything he'd done.

Natara's eyebrows furrow. Mr. Vice is so difficult to understand.

"For fuck's sake, just one kiss. You let me hold you all the time like this, but you don't want to kiss me?" He asks, snapping her attention back to his closeness to her and how warm his body feels against her. His voice is low. Too low, Natara thinks. Almost like a purr. Something about it makes her nervous and also a little excited.

"I know you want to, Natara. I can see it on your beet red face. You don't have to say anything," he says. "Just nod for me. You probably hate me, but damn if I don't want to hold you and kiss you."

Natara hesitates. A little voice in her head tells her to not think and just do it. It's a voice she's never really listened to before. She's always gone through life by the book and tried to do the right thing. 

This - kissing her unpredictable boss - was definitely not the right thing.

But, for some wild reason, Natara nods. Mr. Vice takes no time in bringing his lips to meet hers. It was as if he was yearning for her to give in.

And the kiss feels like a lot of things Natara wasn't expecting. 

Mr. Vice's lips press into hers slowly and he teases his bottom lip against hers in a way that sends tingles through her lips. He keeps one hand on the back of her head, almost as if he's trying to keep her pressed against him forever. His other hand stays wrapped around her waist as he runs his fingers up and down Natara's side.

His lips are just as soft as she expected. 

It feels like she's pressing her mouth against a cloud or even a ball of cotton candy if the cloud or cotton candy was attached to the moody boss of a huge company. She might be able to stand him a little better if he just did this with her all of the time instead of making her stay late doing mounds of paperwork and scrubbing out toilets.

His lips are surprisingly warm, too. So is his face. Warm. Soft. Smooth. 

Natara has seen plenty of kissing in her Korean Dramas but those kisses seemed light and gentle, almost as if the two people had just ever so slightly brushed lips. Kissing Mr. Vice feels heavier - like he's pressing into, teasing, and enveloping her lips.

She didn't expect a kiss to feel this good. She especially didn't expect a kiss with an irritating guy to feel so good. 

What would a kiss with anyone else feel like? Would it be the same? Or is Mr. Vice just a really good kisser? Natara doesn't know. She doesn't even know how she's doing in the grand scheme of things. 

It feels good for her, but is she moving her lips right? Or is she so bad that it feels like Mr. Vice is locking lips with a dead fish? Would he ever want to kiss her again after this? Because she wants to kiss him a lot more after this, or maybe even just never stop kissing him.

He doesn't seem like he wants to pull away, at least, so Natara feels like that could be a point in her favor. But what does she care if this jerk likes how she kisses or not? It shouldn't matter if he never wants to kiss her again...right?

He pulls away - maybe she thought too soon - and his expression flattens.

"Why did you have your eyes open?" He asks dryly. Natara shrinks back, trying to hop off of his lap, but he holds her in place. Her face flushes so hard that she has to look away.

"Ah, fuck it. I don't care why you did," he decides, turning Natara's head to face him and pushing their lips back together again. This time Natara snaps her eyes closed and keeps them closed.

The kisses get harder, more desperate, and Natara finds herself squirming on Mr. Vice's lap from how good it all feels. His fingers stop gently caressing her sides and stay in place, digging into her sides and hungrily gripping her dark flesh.

Her heart beats faster and Natara feels like she's running out of breath easier. As she moves on his lap, she suddenly feels uncomfortable, like she's sitting on a rock, and wonders if maybe some office supplies fell down between them.

Natara pulls away, breaking out of Mr. Vice's hold, standing up, and running her hands down over her dress to smooth it. She feels warm. And dirty. And exhilarated.

What was she thinking? This is so unlike the type of girl she usually is. What led her to say yes to kissing this guy in the first place? What led her to say yes to going into his penthouse the first night? What gave a shy girl like her the courage to stand up to him on the bridge the night she met him?

She's going insane! That's the only explanation. She's been going insane since that crazy night on the bridge. Natara hoped she'd never have to meet that guy again but now he's her boss and she's forced to work directly with him every single day. How could she be so unlucky? And how could it all feel so deliciously tempting?

It was too easy to walk down the hall to his office. It was too easy to sit on his lap and rub his shoulders and kiss him. It was too easy to spend the night snuggled against him in his private penthouse.

Being around Mr. Vice changes Natara in ways she doesn't expect and exposing herself to him feels just like playing with fire. But since when is playing with something dangerous so pleasurable?