Chapter 9 The Mayor Suspects Something?

The Mayor looks right at Chloe.  " Miss Bougerious, it has come to my attention that the maids here are not treated properly.  Is this true? "  Mayor Cesaire ask.    

       "I am sure, I do  not know what you mean."  Miss Bougerious says.

     "Well, for example your maid, Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng, she has often been the object of mistreatment.  On more than one occasion, I might add."  Mayor Cesaire says.

      Miss Bougerious protest,  "Goodness, no!  All my maids are paid just the amount that suits them, I assure you."  

    Mayor Cesaire  says, "This is not a matter of payment that concerns me.  It is the matter of abuse."  

   Miss Bougerious smirks, "Look, Miss Mayor, there is no way any of this stuff is true.  My maids are in the finest care here."

     "I might point out that your regular maid, Miss Dupain-Cheng has not been seen in so much as a fortnight.  Now, why is this?"  Mayor Cesaire ask.  She suspects something is off here.

      "Well,you see she quit recently!  She got a better offer elsewhere.  This is really no surprise as good maids are hard to keep these days, you know."  Miss Bougerious remarks.

       "I see.  I do not believe you."  Mayor Cesaire says.

      "I do not either.  She is my best friend."  Alix  Kante another maid says, out of the blew.

      "What do you know about this miss?"  Mayor Cesaire ask.

     "I know more than anyone thinks. I know that Miss Bougerious is a cruel, boss."  Alix says.

     "What?   This young maid is not serious, she just kids all the time!"  Miss Bougerious says.

    Mayor Cesaire remarks, "Hmm, well, I suppose we will have to wait and see who speaks the truth now, will we not?" 

      Meanwhile, Adrien who has kicked the door to the dungeon open has Marinette in his arms.  He is still in disguise.  He now has the spare set of gloves on his hands.  He smiles at her.  He thinks, I plan to protect you at all cost.  I really do. 

     "Marinette,  we have to get out of here!"  Adrien says.

    "I agree."  Marinette says.

   "How do we?  I mean I have no ideas as to where the exit could be anyway."  Adrien remarks.

    "Oh, you go down the long hallway, turn right, another right, then left."  Marinette responds.

  "Are you sure, Marinette?"  Adrien says.  He still holds onto her  right now.

  "Yes, I am certain of it!"  Marinette says.  She gives him a fake smile.

    Adrien continues to carry her.  He does as she says though.  First he carries her down the hallway...

  First he carries her down the hallway