Chapter 11 Now what am I to do?

previously in Chapter 10, The police arrives, arrests Chloe and takes her away.

      Now in the current Chapter, The mayor can tell Alix and Marinette seems to be a bit overwhelmed.  She decides to interview them for a bit next though.  She smiles as she points her microphone in their direction for  a bit.

   Mayor Cesaire ask,  "Well, now that your boss has been taken away by the police  what are your plans?" 

  "Uh, I am not sure."  Marinette answers.

   "I had not thought of about it to be honest."  Alix responds.

   "We seem to be out of a job now."  Marinette says.

    "I am sure you two will find a new job in no time."  Mayor Cesaire says.

   "Really, but who would want to hire us?"  Marinette ask.

   "Yes, who wants two girls for them who just got their boss in trouble?"  Alix remarks.

    " Ladies, I have a solution for you.  I will be glad to hire you both to work for me."  Adrien says.

    "Really, that sounds great!" Alix remarks.

    "Oh, I do not know about this."  Marinette says.

   "Come on, what do you have to loose?"  Adrien ask.

    "Well, he does have a good point here!"  Mayor Cesaire points out.

    "I will happy to work for you!  She will too, right Marinette?"  Alix says.

   " Fine, I will work for you, but only because my best friend, Alix agrees to do so."  Marinette says.

     "Oh, and my best friend Alix here needs a place to live."  Marinette remarks.

      "Oh, well she may stay in the guest room at my mansion then.  You are welcome to come live there too if you wish."  Adrien says.

       "I will be happy to stay in your guest room.  Thanks, Adrien."  Alix remarks.

       "Thanks for the offer, but I have a home. I prefer to live there and just walk to work everyday."  Marinette says.

      "Okay, I see." Adrien says.  He tries to hide his disappointment.

       "When do we start?"  Alix ask.

       "You both start in two days."  Adrien remarks.

        "Good, we will definitely be there then."  Marinette responds.

    "Great!  See you both in two days then!  Oh and Natalie will let you in when you get there.  See ya!"  Adrien says.  He leaves to go home, but winks at Marinette  as he does.

      Alix smirks as she thinks, Ha, I knew it!  I knew he has a crush on my best friend!

     "Congrats on your new job!"  Mayor Cesaire says.

      "Thanks, Madam, I mean Mademosille Mayor!"  The girls say at the same time.

       Mayor Cesaire just smiles as she leaves as well.   

       Marinette goes back to her place.  Since Alix needs a place to stay tonight, she goes over to Marinette's  to spend the evening.   Both girls can not wait to start on their new job in two whole days.  In the meantime, they plan to enjoy their time off.

       The next day, Marinette and Alix go to the store. They buy some milk and a few new outfits too.  They go back to Marinette's  put the milk in the refrigerator and sit down to watch a few movies.  A couple hours later, they enjoy a meal of chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and green beans.  After supper, Alix gets ready for bed and falls asleep on the sofa.

     Marinette goes to her room. She is really quiet so as not to awaken Alix.  She reads for a bit, writes in her journal, doodles some and finally yawns.  All worn out, she gets ready for bed and soon falls fast to sleep.

    One day  later...

     Right at 6 am,  Marinette and Alix gets up.  Marinette and Alix get ready for their new job.  When they finish, they head on out to go work for Adrien Agreste for the first time ever.   They look at a map, so they can find the Agreste mansion as neither of them have been there before.  

     Once they arrive at the Agreste mansion, they knock on the door.  Both are nervous since neither of them knows what to expect just yet.  Both hope their new boss works out all right.  Both sigh as they wait for someone to open the door for them.

      Natalie hears the knock at the front door to the mansion, so she goes to answer it right away.  She smiles when she sees who it is on the porch.  She nods her head in approval.

    "Oh, do come inside girls!  Adrien has been waiting for you!"  Natalie says.

     "Hi, you must be Natalie! I am Marinette!" Marinette says.

      "I am Alix!" Alix says.

   "Nice to meet you Marinette and Alix." Natalie says.

    Marinette and Alix enters the place. The two smile as they look around them.  The place is huge as ever. 

      "Wow, no wonder Adrien calls it a mansion.  This place is enormous!"  Alix remarks.

       "I  agree,  Alix this place is way bigger than the hotel where we previously had employment."  Marinette remarks. 

     "Do not just stand there, Alix and Marinette!  You both have work to do."  Natalie says.

     "Sorry, we just admire the vast space this place  has that is all."  Alix says.

      "I know right, it is the biggest place I have ever  seen in my entire life!"  Marinette says.

      "Come on girls, right this way!"  Natalie says as she shows them to the dining room area in the Agreste mansion.

   Alix follows close behind her.  Marinette does the same.   Both girls gasp when they see the long table, the fancy chairs around it, the chandelier, and more.  Both think, how does Adrien afford all this?   Just how rich exactly is this new boss of ours anyway?

    Alix's  POV:  Well, here we are inside the place where we are to work from here on out.  It is amazing that we have the privilege to work at such a place.  Plus, this is my home as well. I must make sure to be careful not to do anything to anger Natalie, or Adrien.  I can not live on the street, not again.

   Marinette's  POV:  Natalie shows us into the dining area.  I feel a sense of being overwhelmed.  How on earth could  this be the very home for Adrien?   I mean, wow!  He is richer than I once thought.  This is amazing!   Wow!   This of course, does not change my attitude towards him.  Sure is he kind, but I do not feel anything towards him.  None.  So, why does Alix keep acting like she thinks there is more to mine and Adrien's  relationship than employee and boss, other than friendship?  There is not.  

   Natalie's  POV:  Goodness, with the way the girls react, you think they won the lottery or something.  Anyway, I do hope Adrien does not come to regret his decision to hire on Alix and her friend, Marinette as his new maids.  I suppose only time will tell.

   to be continued in Chapter  12  First Day , New Job :  Awkward?