Chapter 37 King Adrien

It is a  few weeks after Marinette's coronation, Adrien wakes up.  He is quiet. He gets ready for the day.  It is the big day for him, but somehow he dreads it.  He eats his breakfast in silence.  As soon as he finishes he heads to the throne room.  He does not say a single word.  He just stands there ready for his new crown.
       The person in charge of this removes the prince's crown.  Then, says, "This is a big day for everyone, but especially for the heir to the throne, Adrien Agreste.  Now, stand up, to receive the crown that makes you king." He places the crown on Adrien's head and hands him his specter.  
      "Long live King Adrien!  Long live the king,"  The people all cheer!  This is the people in Adrien's part of the kingdom do.

     "Yes, long live the king!"  A man shouts.

    "A  good king indeed!"  Another calls out louder than the previous person.

       Adrien gives the crowd a fake smile, as he waves, then he takes a seat in his throne. The throne next to him is empty way to empty.  He sighs as he thinks about how lonely the place is to him. He misses her so much, but what is he to do about it?

     Adrien's  POV:
       Is this how Marinette felt the day her coronation took place?

      Why can I not just let her go out of my memories? 

      Why can not I  just quit my love for her?

      Marinette's POV:
    Should I have gone to his coronation?

      Why can I not I just get him out of my memories?

      Why can I not just quit my love for him?

      Marinette's POV:

       This job as queen is way hard than I thought especially without him.

        Adrien's  POV:
    This job as king is way hard then I thought especially without her.

     Alix's  POV:
      Adrien might have been crowded king today, but he still looks awful. I can tell his smile is fake and he wishes Marinette were up there in the throne beside his.  Goodness, the guy should go talk to her. I know Natalie said to stay out of it, but what good has that done so far?

    Natalie's POV:
   I know I told Alix to stay out of  Adrien and Marinette's love life, but has done any good yet?

    My stepson looks awful, why his smile is fake and he looks miserable as ever.  Perhaps, I was wrong not to insist he try to contact Marinette before now.  Then, again who is to say what the right thing anymore?

   Narrator's  POV:

    Adrien and Marinette have been apart for a few weeks at least. They both are miserable as ever, but neither will move forward to try to make amends with the other.  Good grief, you think two grownups would not be so immature.

   It is about time Adrien spoke to her and begged her to come back.  Everyone knows he loves her and his kingdom is not the same without her around.

    *Author's  Note:  Will Adrien and Marinette ever speak again, or move on even if one gets hurt in the process?