Chapter 2

I no longer make my parents proud

                                                                                          ~

            The night soon passed and the dawn began to break the dark skies. The colors of pink, purple, light blue and warm yellows are painted across the sky. Caspar groans as he wakes up to an obnoxious knocking at his door. He rubs his eyes, "Yeah?" he calls out, weary and tired.

"Honey it's time to wake up. You don't want to be late for school," a woman's voice calls out, only muffled by the door. It was Caspar's mom, a taller than average woman with a voice of an angel but the temper of a demon.

"Thanks mom I'll be down soon for breakfast." Caspar yawns and stretches, his hand hitting something. Caspar looks over and blushes a bit, he had forgotten that November was here. He didn't expect her to stay the whole night. Although where else would she go if she was trying to avoid home as much as possible. He couldn't blame her, if he didn't want to be home he probably would do the same.

             Caspar carefully sat up as not to disturb November. He looks at her with soft eyes. He realizes something, November never tells him what goes on most of the time. Usually all she says is just home, what that means is a mystery to him. Maybe she just finds her family annoying, November is prone to just leaving a situation if it annoys her a lot. But that wouldn't make sense especially at night, her folks would've been asleep right? Maybe she just wanted to be out and about, she does tend to just do her own thing. Maybe November just doesn't like being home.

           November was still sleeping, her soft snores are the only proof of being alive. She stirs a bit as she opens her eyes weakly. She looks like she needed to sleep for hundreds of years. November sits up and looks around, almost as if she didn't remember any of last night. Her eyes scan the room, only to focus on Caspar's blue eyes. They were like a the color of the ocean on a rainy day. A hot blush forms across her face and she looks away.

"Good morning." November says quietly

"Good morning to you too. How did you sleep?"

"I slept fine. . . so should I just go out the window or are you gonna sneak out the front door?"

"Oh crap you're right. Um just stay here until I go downstairs and then just climb down the window using the ladder and wait for me at the stop sign." he said in a hushed voice.

             November stands up and stretches as she looks around the room. The walls are a faded pale yellow with a faint hint of a floral wallpaper. Caspar's room was a bit messy but it was more of a chaotic organized mess. The only things in the room that seem to be organized are the potted plants and little succulents in terrariums. Caspar always did have a green thumb. She fixes her hair and rummages through her backpack to look for some breath mints and mint gum. She seems so well prepared for this, it starts to make Caspar wonder how often does she not sleep at home.

           Caspar sighs and puts on some deodorant and cologne. He fixes up his hair and puts on his glasses. They were circle rose-gold frames. They looked to be a bit too big for his face. Although he doesn't seem to mind. November was a bit torn, they look very adorable on him, but she had become accustomed to Caspar not wearing glasses.

"I don't know why you wear them. Don't you have contacts or something?" November remarks.

"Yeah. My mom doesn't like contacts though so I have to wear these at least until I get to school."

"Your mom is weird."

"I know but she's my mom I have to love her." He says almost like he was telling himself that rather than just telling November.