Two

"Did you see my diary?" I ask Shade as I pack up my bag after closing. The school bus was leaving soon.

"Nope. I didn't even know you brought it." She said.

"I can't find it." I cried out, afraid of where I might have lost it as I upturned my bag to look for it but didn't even see a trace of it.

"What are you looking for?" Ife ask coming into the class just as Shade said.

"Her diary but I bet she left it at home."

"No I didn't."

"No, she didn't." Ife and I said at the same time as we turned to her.

"What?" I ask, surprised at her sure tone that I didn't forget it at home.

"I was walking back to the class to tell you not to keep the bus waiting like Mr Peter ordered when I came across this piece of paper on the staircase. It looks so much like your handwriting that I had to look it up." She said holding up the piece of paper that I recognized perfectly well and I could have sworn, I would have fainted at the moment if Shade hadn't sat me down.

"Dear diary.

Today was an awful day at school. Coupled up with the annoying teachers, menstrual cramps, leg aches and I've got loads of assignment. I just want to slip to never land." Shade read the piece of paper before she turned it to the other side.

"Dear diary,

Can you imagine that stupid girl actually came to tell me to leave her boyfriend. As if that would change anything, I swear to God, the day I see her eehn. I will kill her ni. Idiot, agbaya, alainiornu, unless whore.

"Now don't tell me that was for Bummi, you better thank your stars she never saw that." Shade said laughing as Ife tried not to laugh but before we knew it, we were all laughing like crazy.

"Let's go, you will see it jare." Ife said as the matter at hand hit me again.

"Ooh no, I have to look for it." I said in desperation.

"Bae, calm down. I'm sure that piece just fell out." Shade said as I stared vacantly at her.

"You mean pages of my diary juusssstttt fell down. Do you know how many secrets are in that diary." I almost screamed.

"We know but there's nothing we can do about it, worse come to worse. They will talk about it for days and they will forget." She said.

"Shade, be realistic! This is Royal's high school, they will talk about it forever." I said, face palming.

"But it will shaa be alright shaa. I just know." She said again as I shook my head.

"What are you guys doing here since morning nah, do you expect the whole bus to wait just because of you ni." My annoying older brother said, walking into the class.

"Abegi, when you did not wait nko. Leave us ooh." Shade, the smart mouth said while I just scoffed at Ife becoming as gentle as a lamb. My brother had always had the effect on her.

"I know you will talk. Baby sister, what happened." He ask.

"I can't find my diary and Ife saw this page on the floor." I said as my stupid brother started laughing at my pain.

"I have always known this diary will put you in trouble one day, I shaa hope you did not write something that will implicate you in the diary. " He ask still laughing like a mad person, I noticed my friends had already joined him.

"All of you are useless!" I said stomping my foot as I carried my school bag and barged out of the classroom. Still fuming, I walked to the school bus.

It was as usual rowdy and as I walked in, everyone started shouting at me.

"Took you long enough huh?" he said from the back of the bus where he was with his friends. I forced my face to look away from him because I couldn't deal with him at the moment, It has always been hard around him but it worsened when I started to develop feelings for him and now it's just horrible because I am in love with him.

I settle on the chair beside the window and soon my two best friends whom I was currently angry at walked into the bus with my brother who walked to the back of the bus, greeted him and his friends before taking his regular seat. I ignored my friends throughout the ride, they tried to say sorry but when they noticed I was ignoring them, they left me alone.

I got down at our stop and marched home angrily, not bothering to wait for my brother. I didn't know what will go wrong but I just had a feeling lots of things will because my diary was missing and a lots of personal things were written there.

Immediately I got to my room, I searched the whole room trying to tell myself it was still In there but to no avail. I turned my room upside down but i couldn't find it and it wasn't until 8:00pm in the night that I finally accepted my diary was gone.

"Good evening ma." I greeted my mom as I took my sit on one of the dinning chairs since it was time for dinner.

"Why haven't you come down to greet me since I come back from work?" She queried while my step dad raised a brow at me.

"Her boyfriend broke up with her." My useless step brother said.

"What!" My mom exclaimed while my step dad looks like he was trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Are you really minding this idiot. He's just a fool." I said.

"Watch you mouth abeg, I'm still your elder one." He said trying to form superior while mum and dad just burst into laughter.

"Abegi, spare me. With how many months?" I asked while he just glared at me and fumed in silence.

"Don't mind him ooh, I lost my diary." I said as I became dull again thinking about it.

"Ooh dear." My step father said as my mom burst into laughter.

"I knew that diary will put you in trouble one day." She said still chuckling while my step father threw her a playful glare.

"Okay okay, sorry." She said putting her hands up In surrender as her and my step brother started laughing again.

"Don't mind them okay. I'm sure you will find it, someone will probably return it to your school missing and found box." He said with understanding.

"Thanks dad." I said.

"It's alright, my dear. Let's pray." He said and immediately we finished praying, we dig into the hot Amala and ewedu.

*****
Heyo guys, how are you doing this evening. I hope you are good. I want you guys to check out Heidi, a book by Nikepo the author of His Nurse. You should all check it out because I'm very sure you will love it.

Question of the chapter: What do you think of her relationship with her step dad?

Drop your comment, remember to vote and don't forget to check out that wonderful book.